5

"Got everyone watchin' us
So baby, let's keep it secret
A little bit scandalous
But baby, don't let them see it"

𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐚

"Never thought this would be your scene."

As I'm waiting for my drink I look over at the voice and see the guy from the book shop earlier.

I smile when I see its him.

"Well some people aren't always who you think they are."

"I guess so."

"Here you go miss." the bartender interrupts us.

"Thank you"

I grab my drink and take a few sips to clench my thirst.

"Let me guess," He starts to say

"You had no plans tonight but a your friend you were just with made you come?"

My heart stops for a second because he got it spot on.

"How did you know that?" I say with a slight laugh

"My brother is the one who is dancing with your friends right now." he gestures over to Jules who is dancing with a random guy.

I look back at him and see him looking at me with a soft gaze, like the one he gave me in the book shop. I smile and look down to sip my drink.

Out of the corner of my eye I see him get up from his chair and walk over to mine. He sits down next to me. As he is doing so he is also maintain eye contact with me. Once he is sat down he  smiles.

"I just wanted to be closer."

his words made me blush, hard.

After a while of talking I hear the song 'Hungry Eyes' by Eric Carmen, one of my favorites.

"Oh I love this song, its one of my favorites." I say feeling all giddy.

"Really? Me too"

"What a coincidence." I smile

he smiles back

Just then he lifts up his hand and tucks an extra strand of hair behind my ear. He then leans down into my ear and whispers.

"dance with me?"

As he leans back his eyes are still connected with mine. I slightly nod my head.

"Sure" he smiles at me and holds his hand up for me to grab. I lift up my hand and interlock with his. He starts to walk towards the dance floor. He brings me right to the center of the dance floor. He stops and turns around to face me. He places his hand that was free onto my waist which instantly gives me butterflies.

Our hands are interlocked.

"I've been meaning to tell you"

He starts to move to the beat of the song. His eyes not leaving mine.

"I've got this feeling that won't subside."

As the chorus is approaching me and him both start mouthing the words to the song.

"I look at you and I fantazize."

I can't help but smile from all the butterflies in my tummy right now. I then look down at my feet  out of nervousness.

"You're mine tonight."

He takes his hand off my waist and brings it up to my chin to make our eyes connect once again.