Love

HELLOOOOOO! I'm updating so soon because I'm currently on my pre vacation before my birthday vacation that starts this weekend!

And I wanted to leave you guys with a couple of updates.

A few people have asked me if Nikko is a temporary or permanent character...
I can't tell you ❤️😭 you're just going to have to read and find out!

Word count: 3,238

"I like this one."

Nikko pulls at a pink nightgown hanging from the rack. I find her size and put it in the cart without a second thought.

She keeps giggling with joy every time I put something else that she's picked out into the cart.

"Thank you, Ari!"

She skips down the aisle and spots a pair of pink fuzzy slippers with a unicorn horn on the top of each.

Her eyes light up as she holds them up to show me.

"Sit on this bench for a second Nikko."
I grab a couple of pairs of the slippers to put them on her feet and find her size.

"Ari?"

"Yes, honey?"

"How long will I be staying with you?"

We told Lady Tsunade that we would take her for tonight and a few nights after that if needed.

Until she can find her a good home.

"Probably a couple of nights. Is that okay with you?"

She nods her head as she gently caresses Kei's head while he sleeps in the carrier strapped to my chest.

"Okay kiddo. I think these fit. Do you want to put them in the cart?"

"Yes! They're so pretty!"

She struggles to get them over the side of the cart, finally plopping them in there along with several outfits and a unicorn blanket that we've picked out.

"Okay we have another aisle to check out Nikko, hop on."

I help her put her feet on the metal bar of the cart as she holds onto the handle and leans back on me while I push the cart.

Her laughter is so sweet and contagious, I find myself giggling right along with her.

We turn into the toy section and her jaw drops open.

She runs over to a shelf with boxes of puzzles and squats down to look at all of the boxes.

"Do you like puzzles Nikko?"

"They're really fun." She says.

I watch as she looks at all the different kinds until she finds one of a beautiful flower field.

"Do you want that one?"

She looks up at me in disbelief.

"I can have it?"

"Of course. Kakashi said you deserved some new stuff."

"He's really nice." She whispers.

She stands up and walks over, handing the puzzle to me. I place it in the cart and lead her into the next aisle over.