Late Night Snack 🍋

HI!!! Please tell me you've missed me? Because I have missed you.
I'm so happy I was able to finish this chapter finally. When I tell y'all I wrote this in tiny bits and pieces over the last 3 months, I'm not lying! The motivation is at a whopping -38484947/10.
But the want to work on the story is definitely still there! Does that make sense to anyone else but me, or am I crazy?
Anywayssss, Merry Christmas/ Happy Hanukkah/Happy Holidays to all! I hope you all have a happy new year.

Here is an update for you:
I currently have the next chapter started. I make NO promises on when it will be out. I have started placing updates in the description sections of each of my stories so you can all be aware of where I'm at or working on with each one. I won't lie, it may not be consistent but I'm trying y'all.

Please enjoy this chapter and enjoy the small lemon 🍋 at the end!

Kakashi's POV:
"I'm going to head out for the day."

Suki stands in the doorway of my office with her bag slung over her shoulder.

I nod my head and look back down at the last of the mission report from today's stack.

I'll admit that things moved much smoother with her today, though I'm not thrilled she's working for me.

"Thanks for your help today. It made a big difference, believe it or not." I mumble.

She chuckles, readjusting her purse and pushing back her dark, waist-length hair over her shoulder. I'd be lying if I said it didn't remind me of Akari.

Thankfully, that's about the only similarity.

Suki has always been quite a vexing person to be around.

Growing up, she thrived on the attention of others. Whether it was being obnoxiously loud for no reason or playing dumb in order to be the damsel in distress, she always had a way of being too much for me to be around.

"It doesn't even feel like we made a dent in it." She says.

I sigh, putting my pen down and closing the folder in front of me. I place the report onto the finished pile and finally stand from my desk, stretching my arms out above my head.

"Yeah, it does feel like that most days. That's 'cause it's never-ending." I explain.

She nods in agreement, watching me as I tidy my desk to go home for the day.

"I'm really sorry about earlier Kakashi. I wasn't trying to be rude."

I wave her off. I'd rather let the topic die. As long as she doesn't overstep or become inappropriate, this should work out just fine.

We're not the same teenagers we once were. I'm sure she's grown to be much more tolerable.

Of course, going home to tell Ari about it might not be very pleasant.

"We're both very different than who we were back then. I mean it's been over ten years. There's no reason why we can't be professional." I say, doing my best to sound positive.

"I completely agree. I'll see you tomorrow." She says, giving me a small wave.

"See ya."

_____________

Akari's POV:

"Would you be able to pick up the cake on Saturday morning?"

I look up at Asuma from my spot on the living room carpet as Keitaro struggles to crawl his way over my tummy to reach his uncle.