Where You Belong

Hi babies! I'm getting ready to travel up to Connecticut/Maine for my cousins wedding so there may not be many updates the next two weeks. But I promise I will try my best ❤️

Please don't forget to vote/comment to show your support. As always love you all and am so thankful that you're a reader 💕

I also have juuuuuicy LEMON COMING 😘
Word count: 3,458

Kakashi's Birthday; One Year Ago:

"Akari. Come back. I didn't mean it."

I walk faster down the street, trying to put as much distance as possible between myself and the bar. And myself and the father of my child.

"Ari, you are seven months pregnant. You can't be walking down the street alone in heels in the middle of the night. Plus, it's going to rain."

I pause for a moment to kick my heels off and continue, huffing loudly as I do.

I hear him pick my heels up from the pavement as he continues to follow me into the empty street. The noise and chatter from his birthday party behind us, growing fainter.

"Akari, please. I'm drunk."

I shake my head as I slow for a moment without turning around to look at him.

"Drunken minds, sober thoughts Kakashi."

"That's not true-"

I whip around to face him, realizing he's much closer than I thought.

"You said it. You said, and I quote, marriage isn't for a guy like me, I've never thought of settling down."

His blank stare only enrages me as he remains silent.

"And there I was, standing next to you like an idiot in front of all our friends, with my seven-month pregnant stomach!"

He rubs a hand over his face, wiping at the frustrated expression drawing his eyebrows together.

I tilt my head up to the sky when I hear the rumble of thunder above us.

"Can you please come back, and we can talk about this?"

I shake my head as I turn away from him and continue on my way.

"There's nothing to talk about." I snap.
"Marriage isn't for you. So glad you decided that after you knocked me up."

I hear his footsteps freeze, and I wonder for a moment if I've gone too far.

But maybe we've gone too far. Kakashi and I never communicated our hopes for our relationship. And we certainly never thought we'd be expecting a baby after only a few months together.

Maybe we don't want the same things. What if we can't make this work?

What if the things I want are just far greater than what he wants?

"We don't want the same things, Kakashi. And if we're honest, we never really did."

I wipe at the droplets of rain that sprinkle down onto my face.

"What is that supposed to mean?" He scoffs.

"You never wanted any of this. We can stop pretending that everything is going to be okay."

I turn to look at him as he shakes his head.

"Fine, Ari, you want to stop pretending, then we will. This accidental pregnancy is a lot to handle, okay? Forgive me if I never saw myself becoming a dad by surprise and then settling down to get married."