Trying

Hi! Idk who still reads this story, if anyone even does. I really hope some of you still do and I hope the alert for these new chapters reach you ❤️ this chapter was hard to write. I really didn't have motivation for the chapter even though I want to continue the story so badly. I'm hoping I've gotten over the stall but at the same time, I could say that now and go back to not wanting to do shit again tomorrow 🤷🏻‍♀️

Also, if you're an OG reader... dude, thank you. It makes me so happy when I recognize your usernames. And if you've changed your username but we're one of my OG readers, say hi here! I might remember you ❤️

Kakashi' POV:

"What's the point?"

Sasuke's head barely tilts in my direction as he side eyes me. His usual impassive glare actually managing to piss me off.

My patience has run dangerously thin with him the past three days and I want nothing more than to get home to Ari and the kids.

"I mean if we're going to be invaded, then why not just let it happen? Let them come to us so we can take care of the problem without any of this extra nonsense." He rolls his eyes as we walk through the giant gate leading back into the village.

"Not how it works." I mumble as I adjust my mask on my face.

I need a shower. And to hug my kids. And Akari. Plus, Iruka's phone call has been playing continuously in my head.

I think you should take a leave. Ari is not okay.

"Says who?" Sasuke asks.

I stare straight ahead, hoping he gets the hint to just leave me alone.

Once he realizes I'm ignoring him, we walk the rest of the way to the administration building in silence.

The lobby is slower than it's been as of lately and it helps to make what I'm about to do a bit easier.

Sasuke and I part ways and I scan the room for Lady Tsunade. Spotting her in the corner of the lobby beside Shizune's desk, I make my way over to her hoping for the best.

"Kakashi. Right on time. I have a new assignment for you."

She doesn't even look up at me as she shuffles through a stack of mission scrolls.

I clear my throat, giving myself a moment before I speak.

"Ma'am. May I speak with you?"

She nods her head but doesn't give me her attention until I clear my throat again.

She looks up with worry lines creasing her forehead as her eyes search my face for a hint.

"Okay. My office?" She asks.

I nod and follow her down the hall towards her office.

Once we're alone, she closes the door and walks over to her chair to take a seat.

"You have my attention."

My eyes look past her to the window on the wall behind her desk. It's such a beautiful day out. Maybe I'll take Nikko out of school early and surprise Ari at home.

"Kakashi?"

I stare back at Lady Tsunade as she silently waits for me with her hands folded over top of her papers.

"Lady Tsunade," My hand instinctively comes to the back of my neck as I search for the best way to put this.

"Things at home, with Ari and the kids, they're just not so good right now-"