Baby Steps

YALL TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY 🥳
As a birthday present, here are TWO chapters 🥰❤️

This chapter is a lot of fluffy, heart warming stuff and the next chapter is LEMONNN.

All I've wanted to do on my birthday vacation is write 😂 my boyfriend probably wants to kill me.

Another year older and another year wiser... maybe? Don't come for me with my grammar. I didn't proof read this 😭

Hope y'all enjoy this little chapter I put together. DONT FORGET TO VOTE!
K BYE

LOVE U

Word count: 4,079

Kakashi's POV:

I sit up as soon as I wake up, looking by Ari to check that Nikko is alright. Since I noticed that at some point during the night, she ended up in our bed.

When I don't see her laying next to Akari, I climb out of bed to peek into the nursery.

Nikko is kneeling next to Kei's crib, poking her fingers in between the rails as Keitaro smiles back at her.

She grabs a tiny stuffed teddy bear and dances it around the crib making the baby laugh loudly.

"Good morning Nikko."

She looks back at me, a bit startled but offers me a shy smile.

"Good morning. I was just playing with the baby." She explains.

"He likes you. He's smiling at you. Normally he would cry as soon as he wakes up."

She looks back at Kei and giggles when he grabs a hold of her hand.

"I like him too."

I walk forward and reach into the crib as Kei squeals loudly at me.

"Would you like to help me cook breakfast? We can make pancakes or waffles. Whatever you'd like."

She glances over at her unicorn that Ari bought her yesterday and looks back at me.

"Can I bring Sprinkles?"

_________________

"We can't add sprinkles in the pancakes!" Nikko yells loudly as she giggles.

"Sprinkles are for dessert!" She says as she brings her tiny palm to her forehead.

"We can do whatever we want. We are the chefs." I tell her as I pick her up and let her drop a handful of sprinkles into the batter.

"We can call them rainbow pancakes."

She giggles as soon as I put her down and eats a few of the leftover sprinkles that have stuck to her hand.

"Can I mix it too?" She jumps up and down excitedly.

"Of course you can. Why don't you sit down right there on the floor and I'll pass you the bowl."

She quickly sits criss cross on the ground and I put the bowl down in front of her, passing her the large mixing spoon.

"Remember, it's okay if you spill. We will clean it up after."

"Okay!"

I walk over to Kei in the play pen and pick him up to put him in the high chair.

"Mashed bananas okay buddy?"

He whines as soon as I put him in the high chair but quickly settles down when he sees me opening the cabinet with the baby food.