120

lumina

lumina owner @everettkels wearing our three piece set "PIPER" in purple-liked by madisonbeer and 86,103 othersload more comments

-
liked by madisonbeer and 86,103 others
load more comments

—————

username UGH QUEEN

username need this asap

charlottedalessio serving

username if only i looked like this :(

username LOVE LOVE LOVE this color ahhh

username she is killing it

dakotaaa mhmmmmm😍

GET THE SCOOP ON KELSEY EVERETT AND HER NEW BRAND

hello, hello!

hi! oh my gosh, i'm so excited to be here!

i bet i'm more excited.

no way. absolutely not.

i've been wanting to interview you for the longest time. you have no idea! you really took the fashion and modeling world over.

stop, you're too kind!

well, let's go back to the beginning. tell me a bit about what it was like coming into the industry.

so, i grew up in LA. i was always around all of this stuff, but never really went into it myself. i got invited to a few events and then it all happened so fast. it was like within a week that i went from normal to fully immersed in this life. a lot of other girls started younger than me, i was 16 or 17, so it was weird coming in late and inexperienced.

how were you discovered?

i was at an event with my mom for business owners. someone that was there worked for a clothing company in new york, and they came up to me and said they really wanted me to model for them. i would never deny the fact that my moms position helped me get where i am.

but of course, you had to make a lot of headway on your own to get to this point. you have a brand of your own!

yes! my little baby, lumina.

tell me, what is lumina? what's the backstory to it all?

well, lumina is what i have been able to create after years of looking at myself in bikinis. for modeling, we are often half naked. um, it is really easy to figure out what you like and don't like. you see so many kinds of underwear and swimwear! i have always had a love of fashion, and being able to create something that i truly love every aspect of is so fun for me. lumina is fully online, and we sell top and bottoms separately to accommodate sizes.

what makes lumina different from other swimwear brands?

lumina means light in romanian. i wanted to pick a name to show our mission, to help fund homes in underdeveloped countries to have electricity. we are partnered with a group that helps us make sure we are contributing as we hope.

that is just wonderful. now, did you get the idea of the romanian from your boyfriend, sebastian stan?

ahaha, yeah. he has definitely been my biggest supporter through all of this and really helped me figure out so much of the logistics. he called me lumina once and it just sounded perfect.

wow, that is so great that you have someone who is so helpful and encouraging. it's great that your guys' schedules aren't so busy that you never see each other.

we try our best that's for sure. there are somedays, like today, where we won't see each other until we go to sleep tonight. we didn't even talk to each other this morning. he had to go to an interview at 6, and is working all day with press and such for his two new movies. i'm here and then at the office and shooting all day for some new stuff. we just make sure that after days like this we have a special time the next day set aside to see each other and just be.

i hear his new movie has a fully nude scene! how does that make you feel?

i mean, it's nothing i haven't seen. um, i don't know, i'm very secure, i think, in our relationship. in the end, it was his choice because it's his body. he asked me about it before he took the role, but i couldn't say no after my profession asking me to be close to nude half the time. it's a great movie. everyone's gonna like it.

alright, i just let us get WAY off topic. back to you, the more important subject. what did you think of the public's initial reaction to lumina?

i was astonished. i thought people would be really hesitant. obviously, having an influence as a model and social figure made things easier. i had a lot of support from fellow colleagues and other brands. it was honestly just such a warm welcome that i was blown away.

how much do you plan on expanding with lumina?

it's going to be all summer-wear at most. i don't want to try to make it more broad to maximize reach. i'd rather be focused and solid in that area. 

sounds like quite the game plan. thank you so much for your time. you have a great day, and best of luck with lumina!

thank you! have a good one!

og hoes
(dak, kels, lake)

lake
yo check twitter

dak
KELSEY UR TRENDING

kels
bc of the shitty interview i did ☺️

lake
are you gonna say anything???
everyone is hating on the girl

kels
what am i supposed to say i aggree?
every single thing i do turns into the sebastian show
she like asked questions abt our relationship as if it was a gossip column not about my brand

lake
but like it's not just that girl

kels
well she's contributing to the problem
why can't i just have an interview or post where the other person doesn't make it abt my bf

dak
that's why i keep secrets

kels
girl as if you do interviews

dak
HEY
someone could interview me

lake
you've gotta say something the fans are gonna tear each other apart

kels
omg fine

@everettkels: while i appreciate my supporters allegiance, i would never wish ill upon others. i'm so glad people are recognizing my discomfort in being overlooked as a singular person, but it is not something you all need to be concerned with. let's be spreading positivity and working on growth💓