39

I looked down at my phone to see the article about Tom coming to see me. My eyes rolled subconsciously as I set my phone down on the bar.

"Everything okay?" Tom asked from the seat next to me. I hate that there has to be drama with this. I wish I could just post what I want and live my life without thousands of other people watching. I showed Tom the article. He seemed unfazed by it. I glared at him and he just laughed.

"What?" I ask as we both get up from the beachside bar with our drinks.

"They called you my 'lady friend'," He laughs as he says it. I shove him lightly. Despite wanting to ask him what he thought I was to him, I dropped the subject and focused on other things.

Kelsey and Seb are playing in the ocean like children. They keep splashing each other and dunking the other one in. Chris is talking to some girl with a dog. I think he cared more about the dog than her, to be honest. Dakota is trying to read a book in her beach chair, but Haz keeps messing with her.

"She likes him," I tell Tom and point to Dakota. "She told me."

We watch as the two fight. Haz pokes her, she waves him off, he shuts her book, she hits him with it. They're both so oblivious.

"I know that he likes her too. His voice changes when he talks about her, and whenever someone brings her up he gets squirmy. Just look at how he looks at her when he thinks nobody's looking," Tom comments. I look at Harrison. He looks like he's in a trance. Does Tom look at me that way?

There's no denying I want him to.

"This is where they met. Hopefully things go better this time," I say and stare back at my feet as I trudge through the sand.

I have my phone in one hand, and a pina colada in the other. I shove my phone in my bikini waistband. As soon as my free hand drops, I feel another hand grab ahold of it. I look up at Tom. He's smirking but keeps his gaze forward.

"What are you doing?" I ask him. I don't have a problem with it, not at all. But we're in public and I don't want him to regret this later. Press would have a field day with this.

"What? I can't hold the hand of the pretty girl who I flew to Mexico for?" Tom asks rhetorically. It just now hits me what he did. He flew to another country to see me.

"Why'd you do that, Thomas?" I ask and turn to face him. I want him to say it.

"I think you know why," He teases. Of course.

"Well if I flew to Mexico to see someone, I would probably really like that person. And obviously I'd be a little bit out of my mind," I look him up and down. I want him to admit that he likes me. My friends are right, they have been. I like Tom and there's no way he doesn't like me back.

Tom steps back, sighs, and runs a hand through his hair, "I like you, okay. Are you happy now?"

He won't meet my eyes, so he can't see how giddy I am. My heart is racing and my whole body feels like it's going to explode.

I can hear Tom mutter under his breath, "Fucking hell, what did I do? I'm so stupid."

"Hey!" I say and lift up his chin. "Don't talk about the guy I like that way!"

It takes a little, but he realizes what I said. His eyes go wide, and then he jumps up and down like a little kid. He picks me up and twirls me around. Abruptly, he drops me back on my feet and runs off. I'm confused until I see what he's doing. Soon enough, Harrison and Dakota are jumping up and down as well.

Dakota comes over to me, "If only this was something that could win you desert tonight."

I laugh with her. No matter how nice a free dessert sounds, I wouldn't want to rush things with Tom. I turn my head to see the two idiots in the ocean getting cozier and cozier. Seb picks up Kelsey by her waist and tosses her into the waves. She gets back up to push him over. Obviously she stands no chance. He grabs her hands as she continues to attempt to shove him back. Sebastian pulls her arms around his neck and kisses her. I can't believe my eyes. Well, I can but I also can't. I know this isn't super big for them, but it's the first time I've seen them kiss since they started talking. I'm happy for them.

"We never stood a chance against them, did we?" Dakota asks. I shake my head. They have something special and I hope they realize that.

@everettkels: I never want to leave :(

lakenevans: same

username: aw i hope they're having fun

username: omg she is so fucking privileged

username: don't be sad!!!!

sebastianstan: It is pretty perfect, isn't it?

username: did all of them go?????

dakotaaa: can we please move here?

tomholland2013

tomholland2013: beach boy just hangin out-liked by madisonbeer and 272,814 others•load more comments

-
liked by madisonbeer and 272,814 others•
load more comments

—————

username OMG OMG HE IS IN MEXICO

username I bet Laken took this

hazosterfield hahaha hangin out i get it

lakenevans pretty boy

username so does this mean him and Laken are official or not?

tuwaine no invite?😭

username love😍😍😍

username THOSE ABS

samholland1999 I can't believe you... I'm proud