28 - Powerless

Harry Styles

I didn't sleep for two days. All I was thinking about was Grace. I called her hundreds of times the whole night but it would direct me to the voicemail straight away.

I even went to her house because we were supposed to go to the studio today but she didn't show up. I get it if she's mad at me but work is work. That was just... unprofessional.

I was probably not thinking straight since I haven't slept for two days. There was only Zayn that would know where she is. So I called him, it took me a couple calls for him to finally answer.

"You better be in trouble to wake me up this early on a Saturday or else you would be in trouble with me" he said as soon as he picked up.

"Is Grace with you?" I asked.

"No, I'm with Violet. Why would Grace be with me?"

"Because I haven't seen her in like two days. I called her and went to her house but there was nothing. I don't know I thought she was with you or something. I..."

"Wait a minute" he cut me off "Fuck I didn't see that" he whispered.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Alright, don't freak out. She called and sent a message from an unknown number. Look, I'll put on some clothes and we'll meet at her house."

I left my house as soon as I hung up and went straight to her place.

I had to wait for him because he wasn't there yet. I saw him park his car and came out so quick with keys in his hand. Without saying anything he unlocked the door and quickly got into the house.

We both stopped when we saw the muddy clothes in the doorway. There was blood on the sweatshirt.

"Grace!" We both yelled, looking for her. I saw the familiar bottle of pills on the floor. I kneeled to take it "It's empty" I said, looking at him.

"Grace!" Zayn shouted rushing upstairs. She wasn't in her room.

"The bathroom. Grace!" He yelled knocking on the door "Are you there? Can I come in?" There was no answer so he just slowly opened the door

She was lying on the bathtub with her shirt still on. Eyes closed, I don't think she heard us coming in here, I don't think she even knows that we are here.

"Grace! Grace!" I shouted in panic.

"No. No. No" Zayn said as he kneeled next to the bathtub. "Grace! Grace, can you hear me? Grace please wake up you're scaring me" he slapped her face a couple of times trying to wake her up.

I couldn't see her face. I just saw the back of her head and the wet bandage on the back of her head. "What is going on?" I asked, I can barely talk, this is freaking me out.

"Please, Grace. Wake up!" Zayn yelled ignoring me as he tried to carry her but he got angrier and yelled more when I tried to help him.

I've never in my life seen Zayn panicking this much. The only time I have seen him panicking is when he knew about the accident and Claire's death.

He put her on the bed "Grace I know you can hear me. Please, you're really scaring me! Just say or do something if you can hear me!" He started repeatedly slapping her face.

A couple of minutes passed and she slowly opened her eyes "Thank god" I said in relief.

She started whimpering "Hey. Hey. Hey I'm here" Zayn said, removing the bandage and stroking her wet hair.