⊰❉⊱ 45 ⊰❉⊱

"You never disappoint." Quinn said shaking her head as we entered the car. I shut her door behind her as we slipped into the cool dark interior of Pearson's car.

"You're right I should lower my standards considerably..." I drawled, leaning against the headrest. "I'll take you to a McDonald's next time."

Quinn's laughter was quickly my favourite sound.

"Don't knock it until you've tried it." She said, trying to sober herself. The idea of any immortal at such a mortal eatery had my stomach turning.

I gave her a horrified look that only made her cover her face in her hands.

The drive back was one of the best I had ever had in this city. Pearson let music float softly back to us while we jousted over law terms that she returned as flawlessly as I did. Quinn had her arms crossed while her leg dangled over one of my own carelessly. She had every piece of my focus regardless. From the way she narrated each definition with the twist of her hand to the way she smiled when a piano solo caught her interest in the space of the journey.

"We might need to visit your flat tomorrow so you can play this." She quipped, shutting her eyes and focusing on the way the notes flowed beautifully. I tried not to get too carried away watching her peaceful expression. The way the low afternoon light cut across her jaw and cheeks in flashes.

Yet my mind was already taking me to that piano before the glass that viewed Hyde Park beyond. How I would play every note before her on that stool. After the final note was struck I would take her face and kiss her hard–

"Fletcher?"

I met her eyes and my mind snapped back into the car.

"I was absolutely focused."

"You were focused on something..." She smirked wistfully.

I returned it innocently.

"Ms Fletcher?"

I tore my eyes from her and met Pearson's ahead in the mirror.

"We have arrived. Would you like anything else delivered this afternoon?"

Quinn's attention snapped to me in accusation and I tipped my head at him unbothered. "No, that is all thank you. Send my thanks to Jamerson." I added, before going for the door quickly and stepping around the car to open Quinn's. She gave her polite thanks to him before jumping out.

As soon as the car was a safe distance away she pointed a finger at me.

"Fletcher I swear to god you'll sleep outside if you–"

I captured her accusatory finger and kissed her hand with a wink. Her anger stuttered and she became flustered in a flash.

"Relax, Adams. No crimes were committed." I grinned, before swiping her keys from her other hand and hopping up her steps quickly. I let myself in and turned the corner to her living room. When I saw it mounted above her fireplace in all its glory I snickered.

I turned from it as I heard Quinn close the front door.

I rounded the corner and caught her waist before she could see it. "Are you hungry? We can get dinner somewhe–"

"For gods sake Fletcher." She muttered, rounding me anyway and stopping dead when she took in the priceless painting of an ornate ship crossing the seas. She turned back to me slowly. Then flexed her jaw and looked at it again.

"It's just a cheap print." She concluded, striding past it and refusing to take it in more closely as she went for the kitchen.

"A very convincing one." I agreed, grinning at her back relentlessly.