⊰❉⊱ 6 ⊰❉⊱

The station had a social night. That involved several questionable bars and even worse ones when Jamie and Will were involved.

The pool tables were surrounded by our squad and several over units. It was still a shock to see so many upstanding mortals drinking and throwing their moral manners to one side. A few recruits made calls to buy girls rounds for every shot they landed on the pool table. Of course they weren't stupid enough to make such calls to coworkers... 

I watched from the safety of our booth as mortals became more drunk and lips became looser. Some had already decided that they would retire all together or begin what they intended to finish later on.

"Hargreave, seems to be making the most out of social night..." Jamie smirked with his ice blue irises caught on the new officer tangled in a red head devouring each other at the corner of the bar.

I didn't bother turning. I could hear the uneven pulses from here. I sighed through my nose before levelling him with a look.

"What?" He asked.

"I'm sure you were once young and foolish." I paused. "Scratch the foolish part. You still maintain that." 

He scowled with a quick smile. "I hear plenty about Harrison and his tragic love life. It's about time I–"

"Never heard a word from my own." I finished for him with a simple look.

"You're not like most women I've met, Fletcher."

I chuckled. "I'm not like any you have met."

His brow creased as I said this and he paid a bit too much attention over his pint of Guinness. I shrugged in my black leather jacket. It was the least formal item I owned... despite the custom suede fit. 

"So no interests?"

"No interests." I confirmed, turning my eyes away and landing them directly upon a woman that entered the bar. Upon a woman with hair piling down one shoulder in dark waves. One that had striking green eyes and one... that looked entirely out of place in an expensive suit with a watch and bag to match.

"Fletcher." Will seemed to repeat as he nudged me.

I flinched for once. Turning to him in question with nothing but her profound scent on my mind now. He laughed at me before nudging my gin and tonic closer.

I eyed it before picking it up and devouring the rest. I placed it down carefully before levelling the men with a calm smile.

"Gentlemen."

They gawked at me as I rose and left a ten pound note on the table. I didn't have a spare thought for my social faux pas. I needed answers. Or maybe I needed proximity–I mentally slapped myself and tucked my shirt in below my jeans. A comfortable garment I must admit.

I watched her cross to the front of the bar surrounded by hungry testosterone. I had no doubt she could hold her own in a place like this. It was more a question of what she was doing here in the first place that caught my curiosity. Once, twice, but three times... that was deliberate. 

She dipped her head forward with ease showing off her hips and the dip of her waist as she did so. Nothing but a charcoal pencil skirt and white shirt adorned her now. Several males did not miss the move as she ordered the same brand of gin and tonic to match my own. I took a quick breath before leaning against the bar several bodies away from her.

She drank slowly as the music beat in smooth rhythm behind us all. I watched as a male engaged in conversation. She smiled politely and even laughed lightly as they spoke within the crowd. I watched as her eyes scanned faces beyond their conversation and she nodded only giving half of her attention to the bearded male before her. That was until those eyes met my own.