To Connect

Harley felt her heart flutter as Red accepted her flowers and offered her a chance. She tried to put aside how nervous she looked, the situation was weird yes; but Pam knew Harley better than anyone.

Harley followed Pam to her couch where the both sat.

"You got some sweet digs Doc." Harley gestured around the room. "Gotta bit of a jungle vibe."

Harley noticed all the plants and how they just seemed to thrive and climb up the walls. She wanted to know which was her favorite.

"Thanks Harley."

Harley cleared her throat. "I'm sorry to make this so impromptu- it's just how I do things. Is this okay-?"

Pam sighed and rubbed her face. "It is odd, however I don't expect anything less. I'm just trying to figure out what's going to happen when they find out your gone."

Harley looked down at her lap, shame starting to creep up her neck.
"I didn't think about that-"

Pam let out a quiet laugh as she uncorked her wine sitting in the coffee table.

"You have a tendency to do that." She took a drink straight from the bottle. "Always so reckless, all the time."

Harley pinched her face and scrunched her nose. "I mean I guess-"

Pam slammed the bottle on her table and sat up. "Do you do these things, just to push my buttons?"

Harley felt the shift in her demeanor. The older woman's eyes seemed to darken as she looked straight at her. Her red hair falling over one shoulder and by god, she seemed suddenly very intimidating. 

"Well sometimes but not always,"

Harley didn't have time to react as Pam yanked her feet sliding Harley towards her, knocking her on her back.

"What-"

Pam quickly leaned over her, putting a finger on her lips. "Be quiet Harley."

So she did just that watching the woman above her as she caressed her face.

"You infuriate me, you know that? And it's not because I don't like you."

Harley's pulse thumped under Pam's touch an she swallowed.

"It's because I care about you. You have no sense when it comes to taking care of yourself. I worry about what crazy stunt you were going to pull next. Never in a million years did I think you would show up at my door."

"Yet here you are," Pam purred, her voice heavy and low. "What am I to do with you?"

Harley blinked. "Kiss me?"

Pam grinned. "You think you deserve to be kissed baby girl?"

Harley didn't know what to say.

Pam grabbed her chin and looked into her face. "I asked you a question, are you going to answer it?"

Harley had never been so flustered in her goddamn life. "Yes?"

Pam stroked her index finger on Harley's face pushing away her loose hair.

"Yes, what?"

"I think I do."

"Good girl Harley."

And with that Pam grabbed her face and pulled her into a kiss. Her lips were soft but she kissed hard. Their mouths pressed together and soon they found a comfortable rhythm and Pam ran her teeth along Harley's bottom lip.

Hatley wove her hand into Pam's thick waves and pulled her closer.

Soon Pam let her go and the both gasped for air.

"Holy shit," Pam whispered.