To Wonder

Pamela pondered over her conversation with Harley the day prior.
She had been so human in that moment. Raw and unfiltered just briefly.

She had a daughter. She knew about and kept tabs on.
That wasn't something that she had pictured before.

She was drawn out of her thoughts by Mel bursting into her office. "I know you told me to knock- I forgot I'm so sorry-"

"It's fine. Come in." Pamela sat up in her seat and adjusted her glasses. Mel began tiding the office and kept glancing at Pam. After about the fourth glance she had enough.

"Is there something you want to say?"

The woman shrugged her face going pink. "I dunno I keep waiting for you to tell me to get out and never come back."

"Why would I do that?" Pam felt her self leaning forward over her desk.

"Dr. Arkham says I'm a loose cannon and pretty useless. I figured you felt the same."

She was taken aback. "I'm sorry he said what? That is unacceptable Mel."

She figited her sleeves about before speaking. "I mean he's right? I don't do anything important and I-"

"Listen Melody. He should never speak to you this way. Has he said stuff like this to you before?"

Mel shrugged and gave her a suspicious half laugh, "Only all the time-" The corners of her mouth wavered. "Am I really that bad?"

Before Pamela could stop herself she had pulled Mel into an embrace and the young woman cried into her chest.

"Oh sweetheart." She pulled her tighter. This was just a down right awful thing. She would be taking care of this.

After a few more moments, she pulled away.  "Are you okay for now?" The girl nodded.
"I will be right back, just make yourself comfortable."

And in a quick haste she was going to pay a certian doctor a visit.