•9•

•Callie's POV•

I gasp as everyone cheers.

I look to Abby and she smiles at me, giving me a big hug.

Music starts to play and my parents come up, "You look absolutely stunning Cal." My dads says.

"Gorgeous." Mum adds.

"Thanks you guys," I reply hugging them, "But I told you I didn't want anything like this."

They just laugh and walk off.

I take in the scents and suddenly become saddened when one doesn't stand out.

Abby frowns at me, "What's wrong."

"Is he here?" I ask.

She looks around and sniffs, "He should be."

"Oh, well." I say, "Lets go see some people."

I try to forget about it, but Sky wimpers.

'He's our mate, he should be here.' She says.

'I know, but we can't let that get to us. Lets just enjoy the party.' I reply.

She just wimpers again and fades out.

I can't help the sigh escape my lips.

It's then I also realise someone else is missing.

I go up to mum, "Where's Alec?"

She just purses her lips, "He'll come, just give him a bit."

I close my eyes and take a breath.

Just enjoy the party, they've done all this for you.

I open my eyes and give mum a small smile, "Yeah. I guess."

•Cason's POV•

I jog down the street.

Stuff my Dad.

If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be late for my mate's birthday party.

The street lights illuminate the dark atmosphere. The town is empty, probably because the Pack is at Callie's house, and all humans are in their houses.

I round a corner, almost there, when I run into someone making me stop.

Before I can react, a fist hits the side of my face and I fall back, holding my cheek.

"What the hell?" I yell, looking up to see Alec.

"Listen here." He says, standing over me, "I don't like you, and I don't like you being with my sister."

"She's my mate." I grumble.

"You don't deserve her as your mate, you will do her better by staying away." He replies and starts to walk off.

I stand up, "You don't know what it's like, you don't have a mate." I yell.

He stops and turns around, "You're right, I don't. But what I do know is what's best for my sister, and that's not you."

He then turns and shifts into his wolf, running off into the darkness.

I clentch my jaw and instantly regret it, pain running through it.

I hold it and cringe in pain.

Realising it's dislocated, I push it back into place.

It should heal in no time anyway.