•12•

•Callie's POV•

After the quick chat with dad, I head back to the living room where everyone else is.

When I go to turn into the room, I get dragged back by my hand into the kitchen.

I turn around and see the culprit is Cason.

"What can I do for you?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

He smirks, "Not much at the moment, I'd just like to know what happened."

I roll my eyes before retelling him vaguely, "The hunters found me, I found out the main dude's name is Richard, which is weird for me because that's my grandfather's name too. I told them I was lost, saw some wolves, then a guy called Jarrod escorted me back to town."

He growls lowly, "So that's who I can smell."

I give him a look, "Don't go all over-protective on me Mister, he wasn't my type anyway." I say and turn to go back into the living room.

He drags me back by my hand again, but this time pulls me flush against him. I gasp a little in surprise.

He leans closer and his lips touch the spot where my mark will belong one day.

"What is your type then?" He whispers, I get shivers just from his touch.

"Hmm," I reply, pretending to be deep in thought, "blue eyes."

"Mm-hm," He mumbles and kisses my jaw.

"Light brown hair." I continue.

Another kiss, this one closer to my lips.

"Tall."

Kiss.

"Protective."

Kiss.

"Caring."

This time his lips meet mine and I weave my fingers into his hair, he wraps one hand around my waist and cups my cheek with the other, pulling my face closer to his.

The kiss was gentle, sweet, perfect.

That was until Abby decided to come into the kitchen.

"My virgin eyes!" She says, covering her eyes with her hands.

I jump away from Cason and give her a look, knowing what will happen now.

The pack house does have sound proof walls, but unfortunately the living room is practically connected to the kitchen, which means...

"What's going on?" Alec says, coming into the kitchen, followed by Todd.

I groan and drop my head into my hands, "Nothing, calm down."

I sense Abby about to speak so I flick my head up and mind-link her, 'Keep your mouth shut or I'll eat you for dinner.'

I see her give me a look in return, 'Please, you wouldn't like how I taste. Also, have a little faith.'

"Got you!" Abby says, pointing to the guys.

Alec and Todd frown at her, "What?"

Abby laughs, "I knew you'd come running," She walks through them, patting Alec on the shoulder as she does, "Good boy."

Alec growls, "Abby."

She gives him a cheesy smile before going back into the living room, Todd rolls his eyes before following her.

I look over at Cason and see him leaning against the kitchen counter smirking at me.

I glance back to Alec and see him studying us before walking out too.