•14•

Picture of Jarrod (Played by Pietro Boselli)

•Callie's POV•

"Morning dad." I say as I come into the kitchen.

He looks up from his work at the table, "Morning kiddo."

I go to the fruit bowl and pick out a few of my favourites.

I glance back to dad, "Alpha duties?"

He chuckles, "You would know."

I scoff as I start cutting the fruit, "Not to that extent."

"People are saying you're doing a good job." He says.

I frown, "It was my first full day yesterday and I haven't even done much."

"Still, the pack is in one piece isn't it?" He replies, raising an eyebrow.

I just roll my eyes before putting all the cut up fruit into a bowl. I grab the yoghurt and muesli, adding it on top and then sit down next to dad.

"What are you doing anyway?" I ask.

"You remember Alpha Kyle don't you? From the one of the neighbouring packs?" He asks.

I nod, "Of course."

"Well his son, Sam, is becoming Alpha on Friday night. We've been invited to the ceremony." He says.

"Right, so why the paperwork?" I ask.

"I need to write a formal letter entailing that we mean no harm, also since we are going into his territory." He replies.

I frown, "But it's just words on a paper, how can you trust that?"

"Because an Alpha's word is what goes. It's bad on the Alpha if they lie, the pack could start to mistrust them." He says.

"But you have to lie sometimes, don't you?" I ask.

He sighs, "Sometimes it's the best thing to do, but usually it's only for delay of information."

"I see."

"So what are you doing today?" He asks.

I grab my now finished bowl and take it to the sink, "Well I have school, then I think I'll grab a coffee before going to the pack house."

"Good. I'll need you this afternoon for a meeting." He replies.

I nod, "Alright."

Suddenly the front door slams and I look over to see Alec leaning against it panting.

"What happened to you?" I ask.

"She's everywhere." He replies.

I frown, "Who?"

He steps away hesitantly, "Georgia."

I laugh, "I told you it would bite you in the butt."

With that I grab my bag and kiss dad on the cheek, "I'm going to school now, see you after."

I playfully punch Alec on the arm on the way out, "Man up bro."

Before he can reply I'm out the door, when I walk down the driveway I'm not surprised to see Cason waiting.

What I am surprised to see is Georgia twirling her hair around her finger and arching her back in a particular way to makes her boobs seem bigger.

Anger flares inside me and I walk over to them.

They're talking, but Cason seems bored and uncomfortable at the same time. I'm surprised I didn't notice Georgia's whiny voice from the house.