•10•

•Callie's POV•

I wake up from the sunlight that shines through the window.

Frowning at my surroundings, it takes me a few seconds to realise I'm in Cason's room.

My eyes widen.

I'm in Cason's room.

I look over and see his side of the bed empty, scrambling out of the bed, I head to the door.

When I open it the numbness of silence rings in my ears and no one is around.

That's weird.

Frowning, I make my way down the hallway towards the kitchen.

At least I come here enough to make myself at home.

When I get to the kitchen, I search the pantry until I find some bread. Grabbing out the toaster, I drop the toast in and wait for it to cook.

Strong arms wrap around me and I freeze in shock.

Tingles rush through my body and I instantly know who it is.

"Good morning." He whispers into my ear.

"You have a habit of doing that." I reply.

"Of saying good morning? Yeah, I think most people do." He says.

"No," I roll my eyes, "Of creeping up behind me."

I feel his chest vibrate through my back as he chuckles.

"Well I quite like it myself." He says.

My toast pops up, "That's nice. Now get me the peanut butter."

He just laughs again and goes to the pantry.

He hands it to me and I start to spread it on my toast.

"So I noticed that you just couldn't resist the temptation of seeing me again last night." He says as he leans against the counter.

I peek up at him as I bite my toast, "Oh, yes."

He grins and puts his hands up, "Not that I'm complaining."

I just clear my throat, "So is Abby up yet?"

He just rolls his eyes before shaking his head, "I haven't seen her."

Of course she isn't.

I finish the last bite of my toast and wipe my hands, "Well I'm going to check on her."

I go to manoeuvre around him, but he catches my waist and pulls me to him.

"What? No good morning kiss?" He says deeply as he buries his head into the side of my neck.

I just let out a shaky breath in response, loving yet hating the way he has this effect on me.

He glides his lips slowly along my jawline and up to my chin, and a sudden thought pops into my head as his does, making me mentally smirk.

Just as he's about to kiss my lips I pull away a little.

"Mmm, maybe later." I say and move out of his now loosely held grip.

I go to walk up the stairs and take one last glimpse behind me as I do.

I hear a growl behind me as I climb the stairs before hearing, "That was a bad move."

I quicken my pace to Abby's room and shut the door firmly behind me.

Since Abby is still asleep, I go into her adjoining bathroom and take a shower quickly before changing into my clothes for the day.