•7•

•Callie's POV•

I keep my clothes simple with just a nice pair of tight jeans and a pretty floral top. I straighten my hair and put it in a sleek, high ponytail. Trying something different, I get out the liquid eyeliner and put wings on my eyes, that actually turn out pretty good for once, and keep the rest of my makeup pretty and simple.

Once I'm sure I'm ready I head downstairs and see everyone is here already.

"You must be Callie." I hear a woman's voice from besides me.

I look over and see a middle-aged woman smiling at me, I smile back, "Yes, and you are?"

"Karen. Cason and Kayla's mum." She says.

"Nice to meet you." I reply.

"You too, your mum and dad speak highly of you." She says.

I roll my eyes, "They tend to do that a lot."

She laughs, I feel a stare and look over and see Cason looking at me from across the room.

"Excuse me." I say and walk over to him.

"What can I help you with Callie?" He asks, smirking.

"I can't just have a conversation with you? I can leave if you'd rather-"

"No." He says, his eyes going a little darker, "Stay."

For the first time I saw the Alpha in him come out, the power. It made me feel small and I shrivelled a little and he noticed, his eyes returning their normal shade of blue that I got lost in.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean that to come out that way." He says.

"It's okay, it happens." I reply.

There's a bit of an awkward silence and then Abby comes to the rescue.

"Hey Callie, Cason." She says.

"Hey." We reply.

"Cal, I need to talk to you." She says.

"Sure," I smile at Cason, "I'll speak to you later then."

"Definitely." He winks and goes off to talk to someone.

"Lets go up to my room." I tell Abby and we head up there.

"What's up?" I ask when we get there and I close the door.

"So, I know that you could probably find this out yourself but I got some stuff on Cason." She says.

"Ooh, spill." I reply and sit on my bed.

"Okay well, first of all they don't know how long they're going to be here for, but Cason might be going to our school." She says.

I gape at her, "I didn't think they would be here long enough for him to go to school."

"I personally think it's luckier for you, it means that you guys won't have to seperate and you have time to get to know each other and all that mushy stuff mates do." She says.

"Abby, we just had an awkward moment. Mates don't have awkward moments, what if he's just making this up?" I ask.

"Okay. Question number one, how on earth would he know about you and just the fact that you can't sense your mate? Question number two, how do you know that mates don't have awkward situations? you've never had one silly. And question number three, surely you feel something when you guys make contact?"

I think about this for a second, everything she asked my answer was always towards the fact that he really was my mate.

I sigh, "Fine, he probably is my mate. But you know I don't want this, at least not yet. I have my whole life to think about and now he's just come in, ripped up my whole plan and burned it."