•5•

•Cason's POV•

"Oh I might pass this time." Callie says, looking at me and then glancing at her friend.

Abby gives her a weird look, "You never pass the opportunity to run."

She shurgs, "Maybe I'm just not feeling like it."

I see Callie's eyes haze over a little and realise she's mind-linking with Abby.

"You're coming." Abby says.

"But-"

"I don't care, you're coming." Abby interrupts her.

Callie sighs but gives in.

Abby pats me on the shoulder as we leave the house, "Sorry about Callie, she can be a fussy-pot."

She gapes at Abby, "I can not!"

I walk past Callie and lift her chin up with my finger to close her mouth, "Don't worry, I've already realised that."

I hear Callie scoff behind me, Abby just laughs, "You shift over there." She points to an area to the right and they go in an area to the left.

I go behind a tree and quickly strip off and then shift, when I get over to where the girls are, I only see a shiny blonde wolf, which I know instantly is Abby, since the mouth-watering scent of my gorgeous mate isn't here.

Since I'm not part of the pack yet, Abby can't mind-link me, but I see her roll her eyes and point her nose in the direction deeper into the forrest, signalling that Callie has already run off.

When Abby takes off I follow after her, I close my eyes for a split second, letting the free feeling of running take over me.

I follow Abby for about twenty minutes until we get to a small clearing, the forest around breaks off to a round grassy area.

I see Callie in her human form looking at my jet black wolf, which happens to be larger than any other wolf, I have Alpha blood in me.

She turns away and I see Abby going behind a tree, I do the same and chuck on my clothes before going back out.

"You where off before I could even say wait up." Abby comments as she gets to Callie, who is sitting on the grass.

"There is such thing as mind-link." She replies.

Abby sits down too, "Yeah but like you'd listen."

"Whatever." She replies and looks down at the grass, smirking a little.

I look around at the forest, Cresent Falls is definitely a lot more green than my old home.

Callie lays back on the grass and looks at the sky, I watch her as her eyelashes move as her gorgeous eyes do, following the movements of the clouds as they pass.

There's suddenly a click in front of my face and I blink to see Abby in front of me now.

"What?" I ask.

She shakes her head, "I was asking you to join us, you're standing there like a weirdo."

I look back to see Callie looking at me with an amused face, but then quickly turns her head back to the sky as she catches my eye.

I nod at Abby and she leads me to the place Callie is laying, I take a seat next to her, taking note of the way she moves her fingers as I do.

There's many small things that I've noticed about her already, like the way she nibbles on her nails when she's waiting for something, and the way she bites her lower lip when she's nervous.