Chapter 9

Sana POV

For the next few hours, I just sat there next to the bed, next to Ethan. I couldn't leave Ethan alone, I feel like I need to be alone with him for as long as he is in this situation. I need to stay next to him until he wakes up, which I did as I kept holding onto his hand and occasionally brushing his hair hoping he wakes up from the feeling of his mother being next to him.

My husband on the other hand, didn't really care much. He seems calm, maybe it was because he has been through this himself or maybe it was he didn't really care. I tried my best trying to restrain myself from having a big argument with him. It was really difficult when he kept walking in and out of the room every 5 minutes. It was not only annoying me but also annoying Ethan. This was probably his 10th time heading in and out of the room and I was getting fed up. I can't hold myself, I need to tell him to stop doing this.

Sana: Can you stop walking around? It's annoying me and Ethan.

Y/M: What do you mean? He's fine.

Sana: I don't think he is.

Y/N: Look at him, he's just sleeping peacefully.

Sana: Do you even care about him.

Y/N: Yes I do care, I'm here with him.

Sana: I can't believe I'm arguing with you about this.

Ethan POV

I was currently racing in a Formula 1 Race in Suzuka. My home Grand Prix, driving for Red Bull Racing Honda. I was leading and it was the final few corners. I exited 130R and headed into the final chicane. Expecting my first ever Formula 1 win in home soil, I suddenly heard some noises. The noises don't usually come in a Formula 1 car and it sounded like my mom and dad arguing.....

All of a sudden, I opened my eyes. I don't know how and I don't know when, but somehow that Formula 1 race I was winning was all a dream. I woke up from that dream but weirdly I wasn't at home. Or at least this doesn't look like my home. I looked over to the side, my dad was standing up while my mom was sitting next to me holding my hand.

Ethan: Mom?

Sana: ETHAN? YOU ARE AWAKE? Call the doctors honey. He's awake.

So apparently I am in hospital. I don't know what happened but somehow I ended up in hospital. I watched along as my mom and dad panicked trying to find the button that calls the doctor. I was still lying in bed with something attached to my hand. A few moments later the doctor arrived and did some checks on me like checking my eye and stuff making sure that I am fully awake. I was still questioning about how did I end up in hospital, maybe I should ask the doctor what happened.

Sana: Doctor, how's my son.

Doctor: Checks looks all good, we'll give him a CT scan later to see.

Before, I got a chance to ask, I was sent to a room with a big machine which I think it was where I will be doing my CT scan. The scanning process went on really smoothly and soon enough I was out of the machine. They sent me back to my room and the doctor went away to do something else. I was left alone with my mom and dad but for some reason both of them aren't really talking. My mom was just sitting next to me while my dad was looking out of the window. It really showed that they had just been in an argument. The atmosphere in the room was really tense and quiet. But then the doctor came in and my mom spoke up.

Sana: Doctor, is my son ok?

Y/N: He's fine.

Sana: Yes cause you are the doctor. Why can't you just let the professional speak.

Doctor: Well, yes Mister Chou was right. Ethan is fine, no brain damage was registered on the scan. He will be fully recovered in about a month and he should be fit racing again after a month. Ethan can be discharged now.

Y/N: See I told you he's fine.

Great another month without racing, but I guess I will have to follow the doctor's order. This time, I didn't really have a choice because it was a matter of health and safety. Luckily for me, even with a month away from racing, I could still manage to catch the end of the year races. Shortly after, my mom came back and I was discharged from hospital.

I went home with my mom and dad still not know what happened and how I was sent to hospital. When I was home, I head straight into my room to get some rest. Even though I did definitely sleep in the hospital, I was still very tired so I lied onto my bed prepared to go to sleep until my dad walked in.

Y/N: Hey kiddo, how are you feeling?

Ethan: Good, just a bit tired. What happened dad?

Dad: Well, you had a big crash in your race but don't worry about it the doctor said you are fine and you could race again in a month. There's nothing to worry about, I have been in a bigger one and still survived.

So the reason I was in hospital was because of a big crash I suffered in the race? I still don't know how I crashed but I assume it was a big crash. I thought about what my dad said, I knew he suffered some crashes as a Formula 1 driver, I mean who doesn't. But I didn't know he ended up in the podium before. I was still trying to picture my crash from my memory but I just can't. My mom walked in.

Sana: Hey, Ethan are you tired? If you are you should get some rest.

Ethan: Yeah mom, I need to rest. I can't wait to be back on track in a month's time.

Sana: We'll see about that in a month.

Y/N: Let the kid race, he clearly wants it.

Sana: You know what, I really want to stop arguing with you but you aren't making it easy for me.

I watched along as my parents started to get heated in their conversation. I mean my mom really want me to stop racing but I just can't, it's the one thing that I love doing. Maybe this crash and me going to the hospital would be a wake up call for me. I need to be careful in the future and promise my imom that I will try my best to not end up in hospital anymore.

Ethan: Mom, please can you let me race. I promise I won't make you worry about me and I will do my homework, do well in school also I will make sure I don't end up in hospital anymore.

Sana: Ethan, go to bed. That's not the problem. We will talk about that soon.

After that my mom tucked me to bed. It was nice to see my mom love me once again. I mean she always love me but sometimes she could be really harsh. I just really want us to be a happy family but I don't think peace will be back in this family looking at the way how my mom glared at my dad when he walked out my room.

Please vote for this chapter, vote along as you read this book and share this book. If you do not wish to miss any updates then make sure you have added this book to your library and follow my profile.