Chapter 15

Ethan POV

The next morning I went with my dad to my grandmother's place. I was really nervous because I have saw some kids on TV shows where their dad just ditch their kid at their grandmothers and then leave for good. I was scared that this might happen to me because I am not ready to take care of myself. I just hope my dad would come back from this trip to Taiwan. As we arrived at my grandmother's house, I was really reluctant to get out of the car, still scared that my dad would leave me at my grandmother's. My dad was very impatient and hurrying me which just made me more scared.

Y/N: Hurry up Ethan, I've got a flight to catch.

Ethan: Dad, you are going to come back right?

Y/N: Of course.

Ethan: I'm just scared that you are not going to come back and leave me alone.

Y/N: Oh, Ethan. Of course I'll come back to you. Sorry if I made you scared but you are my superstar and my son. I promise I will come back.

Ethan: Pinky promise?

Y/N: Pinky promise.

If I am honest, that pinky promise didn't make me feel any better because sometimes I don't really trust my dad. But I had to go because my dad is getting impatient. I mean I really like my grandmother and she spoils me with treats all the time. But I still want my parents taking care of me making me feel like I am included in a family. When I knocked on the door, my grandmother was already waiting for me with some snacks in her hands.

Grandmother: Hey, Ethan here you are. Have some chocolate.

Ethan: Thanks grandma.

???: Who's at the door?

Grandmother: Honey, come down to the door, we have a surprise guest who will be staying with us for a few days.

Someone was shouting down at the end of the hallway, I don't know who and I assume that it was my grandfather. However, it doesn't really sound like my grandfather, in fact that voice sounded really familiar. I recognise that high pitched voice. It's been so long since I last heard that voice so I was struggling to recognise who that voice belongs to. I didn't realise I was in a surprise of who was going to stand in front of me in a while.

???: Come on mama, just tell me who it is.

As I heard the footsteps come closer to the front porch, I looked up. At that moment, I couldn't believe who I saw. After seeing her, I felt a great relief. It was my mother, this has made my stay here at my grandmother just that much more better knowing that even if my dad won't be returning to Seoul, I'll still be living with my mother.

Sana: Ethan? Why are you here?

Ethan: MOM. I missed you.

I dropped my bags and head over to give my mom a big hug. I really did missed her, it's been so long that I have last seen my mother and I started to cry. I was really emotional that I can finally see my mother again but also very happy that I can finally see her again. Thankfully she is alright and knowing that she was staying with my grandmother made me really happy because I thought after she left, she would do a lot of stupid things to herself. I should have known that she was staying here with my grandmother all the time, if I had known, I would have visited my grandmother on a daily basis. 

Ethan: Mom I really missed you.

Sana: Me too Ethan, I'm glad you are doing alright.

Grandmother: Glad you both are reunited.

Sana: Mama why didn't you tell me? 

Grandmother: Cause if I told you you probably would run away. Ethan still wants some chocolate?

Ethan: Sure-

Sana: No Ethan will not have any chocolates. He's my kid and I'm going to be taking care of him from now on.

Grandmother: Good, one less responsibility for me.

Sana: Come Ethan, you're sleeping in my room.

When I was going to grab some chocolates from my grandmother, my mom slapped my hand away to prevent me eating the junk food. Ah, I really missed this feeling, my mom taking care of me. It has been so long since I have felt this type of love before. I mean it was all fun and good living with my dad but it still feels weird that my mom isn't here telling me what I can do and what I can't do. Anyways, I followed my mom into her room to settle and unpack. I am going to enjoy this stay as much as possible and try to persuade my mom to come back and live with me and my dad.

Sana: Ethan, here's where you will be staying. I'll take the bed and you can take the floor. I hope you don't mind.

Ethan: No problem mom.

Sana: So how's your life been ever since, you know...... since I left.

Ethan: Well, it's been alright I guess, dad has brought me back to racing and I'm now one step closer to Formula 1.

Sana: Oh wow, good for you then.

Just like that, my mom and I talked for the whole night just discussing about how my life was ever since she left. I could tell that she really still loves me and still cares about me. Somehow, I feel like she has changed a bit and seemed to be much more interested in my racing career now and less bothered about me not caring about school.

Sana POV

At first, I was really surprised seeing Ethan show up at my door. I seriously thought about leaving once again because I wasn't really ready to see him again. But deep down, I really did miss him so I decided to stay and hopefully reconnect with him. I mean Ethan do need a mother figure in his life even though his mother walked out on him and his dad. Thankfully, Y/N has been taking good care of Ethan it seems like and that Y/N had really helped him to be on track to get into Formula 1. Even though it was not what I want, but at this moment I can't really care. Ever since I left, Ethan was Y/N's responsibility to take care of Ethan so I can't really get in between him and Ethan right now even though I am his mother. I was just glad that Y/N has been taking good care of him and that Ethan looks like the happy kid that I gave birth to. I guess Ethan is part me and part Y/N so he still got my happiness, brightness and seemed to just smiled through this with no problem. It was a relief seeing Ethan this happy and all I want now for Ethan is just for him to continue living happily. 

Ethan and his mother Sana are finally reunited, but what will happen next? Will Y/N come back from his trip to Taiwan? Continue reading to find out.

Please vote and share this book. I am losing a bit of motivation to continue writing K-Fic for some reason. I'm trying my best to continue giving daily chapters for now, just hanging in there. Comment on what you think and how you want to develop this book and I might take your ideas. Vote and share this book as read counts and votes would really motivate me.