Chapter 10

Few weeks later

Ethan POV

A few weeks of rest and the doctor has told me that I am clear to go racing once again. This week I am racing at Motegi again. It was the final race of the season and if I want to move up to Super Formula Lights, I need to perform my best. The seats in Super Formula Lights are going away quickly as teams started to finalise their lineups for the upcoming season. There aren't much seats in Super Formula Lights left for next season. My dad said that he will try and use his networks to sort out a drive for me and all I have to do is do my best in this race.

Ethan: Mom we're going to Motegi now.

Sana: Be careful Ethan.

Ethan: Mom are you sure you don't want to come with us and watch me race?

Sana: No I have some house chores to do this weekend.

Unsurprisingly my mom didn't come with me and my dad this week. They have been really arguing a lot lately and I could tell it was about me. The atmosphere at home is not good at all, it was very tense and any little thing will cause a big argument between my parents. So I think it's best that my mom stay at home because I am afraid that they will spark out another big argument during my race.

Sana POV

During the past few weeks, Ethan has really focused well in school. He has been getting decent grades which has made me really happy. I don't know what has gone on with him but he seemed to be putting a lot of effort into school. I mean I am not complaining when he is doing what I want. However, this all changed when he visited the doctor last week. Ever since the doctor said he was fine to race, he has been back to his usual self, not caring about school and putting minimal effort into his exams and homework.

This week, he is heading back to Motegi for his race. I didn't go with them because I was still traumatised from what happened last time out at Motegi. The crash kept replaying in my mind every day and I have been struggling to get a good night since ever since. I am not ready to head back to watch my son race again because I am so scared that something similar will happen again. Hopefully, this time nothing happens and hopefully my husband takes care of him.

Ethan POV

Once again, I qualified on pole. Motegi is a track that I really love and I have always been good at when I play Grand Turismo. The kart was like it was in one with me and I really managed to get a really good lap during qualifying. I hope I could carry this momentum through to the race.

Starting on pole position. I was extremely nervous, even though the qualifying lap shows that I still got it, I was still unsure about if I was really at the level I was at before the crash. I really need to get a good start here if I want a chance to get promoted to Super Formula Lights. As the lights go out, I managed to get a really good start. Leaving the cars behind I set myself on one target, win the race.

During the course of the race, I managed to pull out a decent gap to the car behind me. Rounding off the final corner, I saw the chequered flag. Taking a quick peek behind and realising second place was miles behind, I celebrated by punching the air as I crossed the line to take the win.

After collecting my winners trophy, I ran over to my dad and hugged him. I was really emotional right now because thinking back one month ago, I suffered a big crash right here right now. And to recover from that crash, overcome the fear of suffering another crash here at the Motegi Kart Track to win a a race here was an extremely difficult thing to do. Even though I still don't know what happened last time I was here, I was still emotional after that race. My dad was emotional too, so I guess I really made him proud. It was a shame that my mom couldn't be here to watch me win this race but I will make sure I show her the trophy when I get home. Whilst me and my dad was packing up, some middle aged guy walked towards us.

Atsushi Yamada: Hey Y/N san. It's been a while.

Y/N: Hey Yamada san, it has been a while. Sorry, but I have some family issues I had to deal with. I believe you both haven't formerly met, this is my son Ethan and Ethan this is Mister Yamada, the technical director of Tom's Racing.

Ethan: Hello Mister Yamada, nice to meet you.

Atsushi Yamada: Nice to meet you too Ethan. You are a really good racer, and since I know your dad. I was going to ask him to see if you wanted to join us for Super Formula Lights next season. We are increasing our lineup to 4 cars next year.

Y/N: Thanks Yamada san, that will be a brilliant opportunity for Ethan. Ethan what do you think?

Ethan: I am flattered by the offer but what about mom? She won't be happy.

Atsushi Yamada: You don't have to settle on it right now. I'll give you a month to decide. If I don't get an answer by a month, I'll have to look for another driver. Go discuss it with the wife first Gavin san.

Y/N: I will thanks for the offer Yamada san.

Wow, a race win and an offer to join Super Formula Lights? This day couldn't get any better. I can't wait to go home and tell my mom about these good news. I held the trophy in my home during the whole journey home and as I arrived at home. I opened the front door and ran towards my mom.

Sana: Ethan, you are home safely thank god. Mommy was really worried.

Ethan: Look mom, I won the race and even better. Dad's friend offered me an opportunity to race in Super Formula Lights.

Sana: What's Super Formula Lights?

Y/N: It's a single seater series in Japan. This will then hopefully send him to Formula 3, Formula 2 and then Formula 1.

Sana: So what do you think about it?

Y/N: Well I'd say let him race. It's a one in a lifetime opportunity.

Sana: We don't have to settle on this so quickly. I'm sure there's time for us to think it through. Ethan go take a shower and go to your room. I need to talk to your dad privately.

Finally all the chapters are now revised. The plot will continue on from this point. I know it has been confusing but if you are still confused then please message me. Basically this book will now focus on Y/N and Sana's life after they got married continuing from the first book, mostly told in Ethan's POV. So if you haven't read the first book then please go check it out or else you will be very confused as you read along this book.

So that's another chapter. What is Sana and Gavin going to do in their room? Will Ethan take the opportunity and move to Super Formula Lights? Continue reading to find out.

If you haven't, please add this book to your library to never miss an update from me and follow my profile to check out my other works.

Thank you very much for 200 reads, it means a lot to me and definitely does motivates me to continue writing this book. Please continue to support my work and share this book, vote on this chapter and vote along as you read the book.