Bed Time Stories

(Unedited)

Everyone was mumbling quietly around Alpha Cade. Two males stood beside him and formed a semi-circle in front of another working on the computer; all of them concentrating on the screen.

It was an experience watching Alpha Cade concentrating. His teeth worked on his lower lip worrying the delicate skin. The hair on his forehead irritated him enough to be pushed back several times, but they always fell right back. I could tell that his mother, Rose, must have been a beauty and with all the sharpness and edges that Alpha Kyle had given Alpha Cade; his beauty was irrefutable. The wild kind.

One of the males leaned towards the computer, a smile forming on his face. The male sitting in front of the computer was getting impatient, his legs jumping beneath the table, eyes squinting in concentration. Suddenly, the second were standing beside Alpha Cade jumped, "Suck it!"

"Quiet, Markus," the were on the computer said out loud. "There are two videos on this, Alpha Cade."

"Is it bug free?" Markus asked.

"Yes. The first thing I checked."

"Play it," Alpha Cade commanded.

The sound of a woman filled the room. I recognized the story being told in the video. It was my favourite as a child. It told the story of a lonely male sitting by the lake, wishing with everything in himself for love. He wanted someone to love him as a man. So he wished on the moon, tired of stars. For all they did was burn and fall. The next night, he was by the lake again. And then the next till he was tired of wishing on the moon as well. He grew old, lonely as he always was and died on a cold bed. But in his next life, he was born as a werewolf. And he had a mate who loved him very much. When he had prayed to the moon, goddess took his soul under her care. Knowing that he must know of love in this lifetime or the next.

The story didn't disturb me. My mother's voice telling that story did. Spoilt that I was as a single child before Brandon came along, my parents had a schedule set up. They would put me to bed on alternate days. Both my parents told me bed time stories. But this was my father's. He loved the idea of a man's wish for love being so strong that it transcended life itself. His voice would be so broken when he told me of the man's loneliness. When I asked him why love was so important, he often replied, "Because my little wolf, a man who hasn't loved, hasn't lived." He loved my mother with all his heart. And he was happy and grateful for the love in his life.

Markus kept tsking for the entire span of the story. The man on the computer passed him an irritated glance. Finally when he had had enough, he said through gritted teeth, "Do that once again, I dare you." Markus just rolled his eyes .

My frozen limbs didn't allow me to walk up to them ask what was happening, how did they have this - her voice?

"Is this supposed to be a coded message for us?" the second man standing beside Alpha Cade questioned. He looked the oldest among all of them with his salt-pepper beard. "Children's story?"

"I can't comment now,  Ben." Alpha Cade sounded bothered. "We still have to piece everything together. Pull the group from their scheduled task for a meeting the first thing tomorrow. We will go through every piece of evidence again before we start investing our time in this." Ben nodded. "Play the second video," he commanded

It was quiet for a moment before Markus said, "Is that porn?" And then all eyes were on me, except my male's.

"Stop it," Alpha Cade shouted. I had never heard him shout on his pack members. "NOW! And clear the room."

All three males scurried out of the room. I knew it was about me because they were sneaking glances at me as they filed out of the office. Alpha Cade, on the other hand, was breathing heavily. Deep heavy breaths. He was trying to control his wolf. It was of no use, I could tell. His fingernails were bloody, trying to contain the claws that pushed at it. Shoulders popped at odd angles and his canines were showing.

But when he looked at me with bloody eyes, I rushed towards him. His hands rubbed at his face furiously. Nails, claws - all puncturing his skin. A cut above his eyes was bleeding into his eyes. He had clenched his teeth, steeling himself against the change.

I pulled his hand away from his face. "Alpha Cade, what happened?"

He shook his head, I suspected there were tears along with blood in his eyes.
"Please tell me. Did I do something?" He turned away. My heart ached at that. "Don't shut me out. You said you wouldn't." I pulled him towards me again.

He let me and his lower lip quivered. My male. I held his palms against my face, my hands keeping him captive there. Not allowing him to move away. I wanted to, no, I needed to have him there. Know what troubled him and give it a violent death. Soothe his heart, provide him warmth, just the way he always calmed me. He had made me feel home after years of loneliness, so I would be his.

"I love you, my male. You can tell me," I whispered. His eyes peered into mine. They were grey and black and red and so fucking sad.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

"I can't take this anymore. I thought I could. You had all the right to have whoever you want, hell I did the same when we hadn't met all those years ago. But I would never let you go through the agony of hearing who, how and when. This is barbaric!"

My wolf snarled in my head. Alpha fucking Blake. A curse, that is what he was. I wanted to laugh. I wanted to howl. I wanted to run back to Blood Moon and murder that monster right where he stood. But all I could do was stand guilty in front of my male. Guilty on all accounts.

"I thought you forgave me."

"This," he gestured at the computer. "I can't...," he cried out. My male. He pulled his hands away, dragging himself to where I had sat. Face against his palms, he just sat there - motionless.

I froze. He couldn't what? Look at me? Live with me? Forgive me? Hate me?

I didn't want to, but my legs took me to the computer. My hands pressed play on the video on its own accord. " I recorded everything that you did to me. Opposite to what you think, I have the evidence that you seduced me." Alpha Blake's words echoed in my mind. "You seduced me. You seduced me. You seduced me."

"I didn't," I screamed. "I didn't." I fell to the ground backing away from the evidence on screen. "I didn't. Moon goddess is my witness, I didn't."

"You seduced me."

"You raped me," I cried. Rocking myself against the wall, I counted to ten to stop myself from relapsing. I couldn't let eight years of hard work go to waste. I wouldn't.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

###########

Oh boy! Here we go again.

Vote. Comment. Share.