The Date

(Seriously unedited)

"Can I get one more question?" he asked.

We were walking down the cliff and towards the back entrance of the pack house. Things were absurdly awkward between us.

"Apart from this one?"

He smiled at this and I felt a small chunk of tension between us float away. "Yes, just one more."

I nodded. "Go on."

"Will you go out on a date with me?"

I stopped in my tracks. Date? It was a human thing. Weres never went out on a date. They marked each other, they fucked, they made love, they mated and they started a family. Not necessarily in that order. Was something so wrong with me that I had to resort to human customs with my mate?

"Why?" My tone cut through accusingly.

He ran a hand over his hair. The stray ones caught my eyes. Eight years later and still they preferred to fall over his eyes than stay where his fingers pushes them to be.

"Because when this day began, I hated you so much. And now that I know you were not fully to blame, there has been a shift so sudden that I am still coming to terms with it. In all this, one thing I know for sure is that I can't let you leave again."

His words shook me. And yet he stayed glued to his spot not moving an inch. As if he didn't want to scare away his prey with sudden movements.

"Alpha Cad-," I began.

He moved then. His fingers wove themselves in my hair. "Call me, Cade."

I jumped back. This was all so sudden. He was giving me whiplash. "Alpha Cade, you hated me this morning. You repeated that you hate me as you fucked me in a gas station." He winced. "We are on speaking terms today doesn't mean it will be the same tomorrow."

"I was angry that you left me and never looked back. I was angry that it was so easy for you while I couldn't sleep without dreaming about you. I started to hate you. It was easier that way. I started to think of different ways to punish you, it was the only way I allowed myself to think of you." He pulled me to him. "I still think about punishing you." My body moulded into his. "It gets me hard. And I can't even begin to explain how fucked up that is." He pushed me away.

My body began to burn at his words. And I knew something was very wrong with me too because I was getting aroused hearing how much he hated me. I hated it.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

"Okay."

"What?" He looked confused.

"I will go on a date with you," I said.

He eyed me suspiciously. "You are serious."

I nodded. "Like a heart attack."

He laughed. "You are beyond my comprehension. Come on or we will miss our lunch." He pulled me inside the pack house.

---------------------------

The clock chimed as it struck eight. The sky was dark outside the window. And it was exactly half an hour since Alpha Cade had left me in his room with a 'stay, I have surprise for you'. I was getting anxious and my wolf's impatience was not helping.

A knock on the door pulled me away from the window.

"It's unlocked," I said out loud. If it was Alpha Cade, he was taking this human thing to some extreme lengths.

A blonde head peeped in. "Luna."

I ran to the door smiling ear to ear. "Rita, come in. How are you?"