Knot

(Unedited)

Light spilled inside the window along with the noise from outside. The weres of the pack were already up along with the sun. I rubbed sleep from my eyes. My body was still exhausted but my bladder needed emptying. Carefully lifting Alpha Cade's arm from my waist, I slipped out from his hold.

Inside the bathroom I looked at my reflection in the mirror. My mother had always said that a female glowed as soon as the seed took hold inside her womb. I didn't have any stupid glow on my face. Then again my mother had often liked to tell stories, stupid stories. Last night, I had let him knot me as he reclaimed his mark, we had mated. The human form of male forming the wolf knot inside the human form of female. Only mates were blessed with the gift of bearing pups. Because only a mate's smell could entice the wolf enough to form the wolf knot in his human form.

As teenagers Emily and I were very fascinated by this when we first heard about it. I was in her house most evenings, giggling my ass off. Our source of information was Emily's big sister who loved talking about males. She would say that only our mates could put it in us. This ensured that all the hormonal pups had to wait. What a load of bullcrap! I laughed.

My laughter subsided when I felt a headache coming. The moon goddess would bless me with a pup if he continued knotting me, if I wasn't pregnant already. Things were so fucked up, I couldn't bring a pup into this mess. I had to visit Nate.

I exited the bathroom after a bath, water dripping on the floor. There was no towel in the bathroom. Alpha Cade was still in bed but his eyes were trained on me.

"I can get used to this," he smiled. "Come here."

I shook my head. "I have nothing to wear. Can you please get me something?"

He reached for the shirt discarded on the foot of bed along with his suit and my dress. "You can wear this for now."

I walked to him, my hand outstretched. Just when I was to take the shirt from his hand he pulled back and his other hand pulled me to him. I fell unceremoniously on his torso. "What the hell?" I pushed at his chest. He did not let go.

"My wolf did that."

My wet body was soaking his. I could see tiny hair rise on his chest where my skin touched his. "Real mature."

He laughed. "Now can I have a kiss?"

"Only if you ask my wolf to shift."

He frowned at me. "How long has it been?"

I thought back to the last time I had shed skin. I couldn't remember. "Sometime after my 16th birthday."

"This is unnatural."

"Tell that to her. She doesn't change for me as I kept her from her mate."

His face turned impassive. "I can't decide if it is a good or a bad thing. Her devotion for me or your willingness to stay away."

"I have to get clothed," I gritted out.

He let me. My heart hurt at that. Some things couldn't be erased even after mating.

"Open the closet. You will find some clothes in your size. And wear something decent. We will be having lunch with my family."

"Can it wait?"

"Why?" he asked. He sat up against the headboard.

"I have to visit Nate."

He glared at me, his eyes in slits. "Are you thinking of killing my seed inside of you?"