A Beautiful Love Story

(Unedited)

------------------

All his life, he had watched this wolf. This wolf, who taught him, made him who he was. The self-doubt, the self-loathing, the loathing, the hatred. Everything that he was, this wolf was responsible for it. And so he had decided, he would make a spectacle out of it. Make everyone bow by making this wolf bow. And then break the back of all the weres who had stood beside this wolf and laughed at him.

"Ryan", he shouted. His half-brother ran to him. Tail tucked behind his back.

It was luck that made Ryan dumb enough to be manipulated. And mother. She had fed him 'brothers strong together' crap since he was born. It was quite easy to establish the big brother persona in his life.

Slowly, as he poisoned Ryan's mind against his own father, he waited and plotted. And when the time was right, he broke Ryan. Broke him entirely. Poor mother was so distraught. She had thought that giving Ryan their grandfather's name would strengthen their brotherly bonds. Make him hate the bastard less.

"What happened, Uncle?" Using the word Uncle was particularly pleasurable for him. "Not so strong anymore. I bet you would still do great against a five year old. Don't you think so too, Ryan?"

"Yes, Alpha." And Ryan was silent again.

"Ryan, my son. Help me!" The wolf begged his son. But he never begged him. That wouldn't do.

He indicated Ryan to get on his knees in front of him. And like the docile servant he was, Ryan got on his knees. Pulling a switch blade from his pocket, he positioned it at his brother's throat.

A snicker escaped his mouth. Brother! What a joke!

"You love your son, Uncle. Won't you beg for his life? He is so young, isn't he?" He couldn't hide his smile.

His uncle looked defeated. Eyes downcast. He said, "Help me, Alpha." No emotion in those words.

Well, he would take it. Take whatever he gave and still ask for more.

He slowly ran the switch-blade across his uncle's neck. Back and forth. It would take some time to separate the head from the body.

The gurgling of blood almost gave him a hard on.

--------------------------------------

Black danced in front of my eyes, but I could still see. Seeing wasn't a problem, hearing was. All I could hear was thumping of my heart. Obnoxiously loud. It felt like a taunt.

Why are you still breathing?

And I wanted to laugh. It was funny. It really was. Because I was not able to breathe. All the breathing exercises, none of it were working.

In. Out.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

None of it worked. Short, puffy breaths were all I could manage. These were useless, just like me. Useless because they didn't allow me to live and weren't killing me fast enough.

Such similarity between you and these then.

Oh, how I abhorred this voice. The voice in my head. It had been with me during my days with Alpha Blake. It had taken so long for it go away. Back then, it was my voice I used to hear mocking me. Now, it sounded suspiciously similar to my mother's.

I doubled over. Breathe! Breathe! My nails clawed at my chest. Breathe, dammit!

Blackness spread all around, blocking my vision. And I smiled. Maybe this was my end. A pathetic death for pathetic me, who spent all her life begging people. Begging Alpha Blake for Brandon, begging Emily to believe in me, begging mother, begging Bran, begging Alpha Cade, begging Maya, I laughed at the comedy of it, now begging for breath.