Madness

(Unedited)

He looked on as his mother fed his brother. "Mother, what shall we name him?" His eyes never once wavering from the small frame who had nearly screamed the whole house down after he came out of his mother. The bowl of water that he was carrying had almost slipped out of his small hands.

"Luther," his mother said, smiling, "After your father."

He frowned. The look of adoration gone from his face in an instant. He sneered at his mother, "but that is not my father's child."

His mother sighed. The fatigue of child birth showing on her face for the first time. "Don't do this, my small warrior. He will need you to be his big brother. "

The boy shook his head. "I will be his big brother, but he will not have my father's name."

"What about your grandfather's?" His mother asked in a small voice. She knew her son, the hate for his uncle surpassed his love for the new born baby. And this was the reason why she wanted to name the child after someone whom the boy had idolised. So that he would be reminded of the good in his life while seeing the living proof of everything that filled him with bitterness at such a young age.

He surprised her by shrugging. "If you want to."

She looked down at the child in her arms, soundly drinking from her breasts.   "Ryan," she named him.

-----------------------------------

My father had once said, "Wolves are harder to manipulate than the human." I always thought it was a load of crap seeing how his wolf always sided with mom, whenever mom as much as smiled at him. While my father could never get my mom's wolf to take his side. It was funny to see him seething after a disagreement.

"We know what you are doing, Avery," he said, eyes never once wavering from my own. Now I knew why he said that.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

His fingers wrapped around my wrists to hold my hands behind my back. That fucker Ryan must have said something to have such a reaction from him.

"I don't know what you are talking about. It has been a long time, I am just excited to meet you." My eyes never once meeting his as the lie rolled off my tongue effortlessly.

He smiled. "Try again." But this time I could see how much the wolf wanted to make sense of the lost eight years.

It always pained my heart just imagining Alpha Cade knowing about what I had done, what Alpha Blake had done. The look of pain on his face when he realised I had another were's mark on me still haunted my dreams. I was just not strong enough to face him when he finally realised how used I actually was. And so, I could not give him what he wanted from me. There would be no heart felt conversation, no secrets exposed. I would gladly let him hate me for leaving him than have him hate me for the deeds I did.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

I buried my nose in his neck. His heady smell was made my toes curl. "Are you going to deny me?" Distraction always worked best.

The wolf pulled me back by my hair, making me look into his eyes. He was now smiling a feral smile. "I might. Answer me and I give you what you want. Who touched you?" His fingers released my hair and travelled to where I ached. His smell was doing something very funny to my insides.

I bit his ear. "Why do you smell so fucking good?" It came out in a whisper which turned into a moan as soon his  fingers found its mark.

"Answer me," he let go of my hands to pull me back by my hair. It was a sweet ache. This time I rubbed against his fingers. My smell was saturating every inch within the car, yet the wolf was still asking questions.