chapter 2

Maia

It was another long morning for me at Hooters, yeah that's right Hooters. I serve drinks by the bar listening to people complain about how their date stood them up or older men just starts talking to me out of nowhere giving me flirty looks. I don't do small talk Grandpa, just send me your credit card info. Though I have those days, I do have decent customers I like talking to just like Joe over here who chugged down three glasses of beer already.

Joe was a regular here at Hooters. He's a fifty nine year old, soon to be sixty this August and he also had a wife who just died from breast cancer four years ago. I learned he owns a pool cleaning service together with his son but decided to leave that to his Dad because he had "other plans". I feel really sorry for Joe because today he began complaining how his kid doesn't visit him that much anymore.

"Im really sorry Joe, I'm sure he'll visit soon." I gave him a sympathetic smile as I wipe a few glasses to keep my self busy. It was a slow day today, probably because it was a Tuesday morning.

"Nah, I don't wanna get my hopes up kid. I kinda learned how to accept it at this point." He sighed waving me off, drinking his beer.

"If it makes you feel any better, that last round is on the house." I smiled making sure to brighten his day a little.

"You really don't have to." He chuckled shaking his head.

"I insist, plus I forgot to thank you last week for telling off those creeps away." I said rolling my eyes thinking about it.

Instead of giving a reply he raised his beer and chugged. I giggled and went back to make a few orders. Dreams don't exactly come true when you come here to LA I wasn't expecting to work here as a waitress, at all. I enjoy it though. You meet a lot of people plus I get good tips. I didn't know what I was expecting here to be honest, All I ever think about is live my life with the person I love and go make thousands of babies.

Okay well maybe not thousands.

But that didn't really worked out now did it Maia? I rolled my eyes thinking about having babies during work. As I placed the last few drinks I made on the tray I heard a loud crash on the left wing of the bar. I whipped my head and looked back just to see grown ass men fighting and the drinks that I just made were splattered on the floor.

"Hey! hey! hey! Knock it out!" I shouted going outside my booth and jogged towards them. I will not have them make a commotion in front of my bar, Jesus its a Tuesday morning what could they be fighting about.

"You prick! I told you not to test me." The guy growled, grabbing the other guy by the collar but he quickly swatted his hands away and punched him in the face which caused him to fall down on his back. Where the hell was security?

"Stay down you asshole!" He shouted as he hovered over the guy and grabbed him by the collar and punched him again. That's it, People were watching and I heard other co workers screaming for security. It was Chaos. I grabbed the dude by his shirt and tried to pull him back. He reeked of alcohol jeez does this guy even knew his limit? He was drunk out of his mind!

"Sir stop it!" I shouted still grabbing his shirt, pulling him from the guy who obviously cannot defend him self from shit.

"Shut up bitch! You better stay out of this and get back to your single pathetic life!" He shouted as he pushed me off of him leading me to fall right on my butt.