chapter 3

Maia

I woke up to the sound of my alarm constantly ringing. I sat down and groaned as I felt a sharp pain in my head. My eyes were still half shut as I feel my surroundings trying to get a hold of my phone.

"Maia shut that thing off." My best friend groaned stirring on the floor.

"I am trying to look for it." I snapped.

The ringing of my alarm caused more pain for my headache. God I'm so hung over. I rubbed my eyes trying to clear my vision out and saw my phone in between the seats of the sofa. I grabbed it and shut my alarm off. It was a Wednesday which means I don't have any shifts today at work, thankfully I didn't decide to do this before work days. What the hell even happened last night? From what I recall it just consisted of me and Sloane dancing our asses off and laughing over nothing. I sighed and checked my notifications to see if my parents messaged me.

I scrolled on my phone and the first thing I see is a message from Tinder. Huh funny.

Wait.. A MESSAGE FROM TINDER?!

My eyes widened and I checked the message and it was from a guy named Drew Starkey. I don't even remember talking to a Drew.

TINDER

1:30 am

Maia Brown
hey hot stuff wanna see my cat? 🐱

9:30 am

Drew Starkey
well good morning to you too maia

Shit.Shit.Shit!

I cannot believe I just said that- Wait no. This was all Sloane's fault! I groaned grabbing the nearest pillow and shoved my face into it and started letting out muffled screams. I can't believe how dirty that messaged sounded. This is so embarrassing. I threw the pillow at Sloane hoping that she'll wake up.

"Sloane get up! Its an emergency." I said.

She mumbled random words and hugged the pillow to her making her self comfortable, obviously trying not to wake up.

"Sloane wake up!" I shouted.

"Im up! Jeez what do you want?" She groaned as she rested on her elbows, wiping the gunk in her eyes.

"The guy from Tinder messaged me back. What the hell do I do?"

She gave me a blank expression and shook her head.

"Really? You woke me up just for that?" She asked with a hint of annoyance.

"Just reply casually Maia it's just some rando." She rolled her eyes as she went back to sleep.

"Just some rando, Huh Sure." I scoffed as I checked my phone again. Trying so hard to chill and not panic. Why is it so hard to socialize to people? I think this is why I'm single.

TINDER

11:30 am

Maia Brown
i am so sorry ur probably weirded out by now
and i don't actually mean nudes by the way