chapter 14

Maia

"I fucking told you so." Sloane cackled. "Man, this is gold," she said, still laughing. What's so funny about my suffering?

"Okay, I get it. You can shut up now." I huffed, crossing my arms in front of me as I sat down on the couch with my feet propped on our coffee table. Sloane was sitting on the floor, leaning, with her hands behind her for support.

"Id comfort you, but you know that's not right up my alley." She giggled as she sighed in satisfaction. She's really loving this.

"What happened to not dragging Drew into this?" She teased.

"I panicked, okay?" I said as I anxiously picked my nails.

"She freaking sent out a guy to go on a blind date, for god's sake, and knowing my Mom, she won't back off if I don't tell her I have a date, and you came into my head about the whole Tinder thing and–" I rambled as I stood up, started to pace back and forth, hand gripping my hair in frustration looking like a mad man.

"Maia! Relax." Sloane cut me off as she came to me and grabbed my shoulders as she sat me back down on the couch.

"No, this is all your fault!" I scoffed, looking up at her.

"My fault?" She said, looking offended.

"Yeah, I was fine with my life, then you went ahead and suggested that I go on Tinder and find a date and shit." I huffed, looking anywhere but her. I don't even know why I was blaming her.

Okay, maybe I just wanted to see her pissed too.

"Yeah! To help you make your Mom get off your ass!" She snapped, raising her arms in frustration.

"Yeah, you're right. I'm just reaching at this point." I mumbled.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pin this all on you," I added, sighing as I leaned my back on the couch.

"Look. Just tell Drew. He knew why you were on Tinder in the first place, so what are you scared of?" She replied as she sat down next to me.

"You can invite him over tonight I'll leave in a bit anyways." She offered.

"What do you mean? You can stay here." I said, giving her a confused look.

"Yeah, about that; I have plans." She said as she smiled at me innocently.

"Does this plan consist of you going out wasted in a bar until 3 am?" I said, narrowing my eyes at her.

"Maybe? Maybe not." She hummed as she got up on her feet and walked towards her bedroom.

"Good luck with the Drew situation, babe! Fully supporting you mentally while I go get wasted." She looked back at me and gave me a cheeky grin.

But all I did was flip her off and grabbed the pillow next to me as I buried my face in it, letting out muffled screams.

•••

iMessage
8:05 pm