chapter 11

Maia

Another week rolled around fast, and that means today's the day I meet Drew's friends, or should I say his castmates which are still so insane to me, that he decided to make me come with him. Me, A nobody.

Of course, I had to tell my lovely best friend what happened, or else she would've "burned me alive," is what she said. She still couldn't get over the fact that I actually spent time with him in person and was not just stuck on my phone all day being the introverted person that I am.

"I can't believe you're dating a celebrity." She mumbled. We were both sitting down on the floor in our living room, eating our lunch on the coffee table.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I am not dating him," I said as my nose wrinkled at the thought. Don't get me wrong, Drew is good-looking and all, but I don't think dating him would be a good idea, especially with his kind of lifestyle.

She shrugged and continued to devour her fourth slice of pizza. She keeps complaining about how she needs to follow her diet plan and be consistent about it strictly.

But she keeps making excuses that it's her cheat day and today's one of those days. I guess every day is her cheat day.

"I knew he looked familiar from somewhere, but I was too drunk to notice." She mumbled to herself.

"Yeah, we both were," I replied, reminding her of our stupidity.

"I gotta go get ready now." I sighed and stood up, and started to clear our coffee table.

"Hey, Maia?" Sloane called out.

I hummed in response stacking the plastic utensils and putting them in a plastic bag.

"Could you maybe take some of Drew's hair from his hairbrush so I can sell it on eBay?" She joked, smirking at me.

"Maybe his clothes too while you're at it, yeah? Might make the fans go, feral." She added.

"You're sick in the head, you crackhead." I gaped but giggled as she started to lose her act and threw the used-up tissue at her face.

•••

Sloane dropped me off to where Drew said he'd meet me and considering I am in front of many buildings. This must be his friend's apartment complex that he's been talking about. I decided to wear a backless blue striped halter vest collared top with my flare jeans and white sneakers.

I looked down at my outfit, debating whether this was a good choice or not, and started straightening out the creases trying to look presentable as I could before I went in with Drew.

"Hey, brownie."

I whipped my head in their direction and saw Drew smiling down at me with his hands in his pockets. I couldn't help but notice and scanned him quickly from head to toe. He was wearing his baseball cap backward with his brown white plaid flannel and a plain white shirt underneath it. He looked nice.

"Don't ever call me that." I rolled my eyes at him playfully as I gave him a quick hug.

"You know I only joked about you wearing something hot, right?" He smirked down at me as we walked.