chapter 17

Maia

The next few weeks passed by exceptionally quick, with Sloane and me working our butts off 24/7 while also taking breaks most of the time with Drew and his friends whenever we got the time. Lately, Drew was starting to get a bit busier; with him doing interviews back and forth along with a few photoshoots and promos, Man was fully booked and I couldn't be more proud of him.

I came home earlier than I thought, with my shift ending quickly. I dropped my things in my room as I changed into my oversized white tee and my Minecraft boxer briefs that I bought in the boy's kid's section. They were comfy as hell, not gonna lie, and it made my ass look good. I couldn't resist not buying one.

I plopped on my bed, grabbing my sketchbook on my side table as I started sketching portraits, practicing, constantly improving my work. Art has always been my escape because it takes me to a whole other realm lost from my imagination.

Hours pass by I ended up drawing dicks all over my page with my creativity running out. I let out a frustrated sigh and laid on my back, staring at the ceiling, lost in my thoughts.

Suddenly my phone rang beside me; I sat up, grabbing it checking to see who it was. I know for a fact it wasn't Drew because he told me he'd talk to me after his work. I checked my phone and saw it was my mom calling. Oh boy, this should be interesting.

"Hey mom, what's up," I asked, hearing Dad's laugh in the background.

"Hi, sweetie! I'm expecting you to come earlier here at Charleston." She replied.

"Uh, why?" My tone confused.

"To help prepare for the wedding and—Oh! There's also a Dinner rehearsal that we need to attend," she mentioned.

I smack myself on the forehead frustrated with the sudden information. "Mom, I thought we agreed that we'd see each other at the wedding?" I sighed.

"Not gonna happen. This is your brother we're talking about." She said.

"Is it really necessary for the groom's sister to come to this dinner? People won't notice I'm there! Come on, Mom, I don't feel like socializing with people." I grumbled.

"Suck it up. You're coming here tomorrow." She replied sternly, not giving in.

"Did you ask to take that leave?" She asked.

"Yeah, my boss agreed it's fine."

"That's good! Because I'm already excited to meet that date of yours." She gushed.

I rolled my eyes, suddenly remembering what Drew and I had agreed on. "Yey!!" I said, faking my excitement.

"You better not forget to inform him about the plan." My mother said.

"Yeah, I know, I know. Bye, mom." I waved off, hanging up. I let out a loud sigh as I laid on my back. Big man from above, you better help me through this wedding.

•••

iMessage
6:05 pm

brownie gal 🦉
change of plans drewseph

drewseph 🦮
what plans r we talking here maia