chapter 9

^^sorry y'all got knocked out. that was a real stunner tbh

caution: filler chapter loading 

Remember to vote and comment please<3 I'd love some feedbacks or just anything🥺

Shanaya's POV:

I woke up to my phone's alarm blaring loudly.

"God. I'm so tired." I mumbled to myself.

I turned to my phone and checked the time, 11:23 in the morning. Typically I couldn't sleep past 10, but jet lag kind of messed with the sleep schedule.

I turned to my side to see the bed adjacent to me empty and in a mess. Shayan had probably left for practise three hours ago. I rubbed my eyes and instead of getting up I lied back down and got on Instagram. My eyes bulged out when I saw thousands of requests. Shayan latest Instagram post kind of exposed my account. I decided to not go through the requests and I went straight to my dms. My face curved into a smile when I saw a specific message from @gioareyna. 

𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐌𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬: @𝐠𝐢𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐲𝐧𝐚

@gioareyna

Hey idk if you're awake or not but there's something outside ur hotel room. Wait shit you're probably still sleeping. My bad

 sent at 7:48 am

@naya.c

I actually was still sleeping lol. I just woke up. Idk what it is yet but thanks for the gift:)

 Upon seeing that message I went to the door of my room and looked through the little peephole. Sure enough, there was a long thin box there. I made sure that nobody was walking by at the moment out of fear of being seen in my pyjamas. I quickly grabbed the box and brought it in. It looked fancy.

 Already not for me. 

I tried to open it neatly but kind of failed so I just tore it open instead. I was actually genuinely excited when I saw a chrysanthemum, one of my favourite flowers. Underneath the flower was a layer of coloured paper that I pushed back within a millisecond to reveal a card and a jersey. A number 7 jersey from a certain American footballer to be exact. Giovanni Reyna's jersey. I picked it up and examined it from all angles, it was in crisp condition, obviously new. Well obviously I hoped it was new, otherwise it'd just be weird. However I was kind of disappointed to find no autograph on the shirt. Okay I sound a bit like a brat.

Shrugging my shoulders I picked up the card. It was kind of pretty, being decorated with depictions of chrysanthemums. I opened the card and to my surprise it was hand written. It didn't have that fancy cursive font but instead what I could only assume to be his handwriting. And his penmanship was actually quite good.