chapter 10

Welcome back! Let's get into it:)

Shanaya's POV

"So where do we sit?" I asked Jemila who was walking adjacently to myself.

The game was to start in a few minutes and we'd arrived kind of late. There was a Krispy Kreme on the way here and I just couldn't resist. 

"I'll actually be sitting a row behind you because Jordan's grandmother hates being too close to the field because of too much sunlight or other shit like that. But you'll be in the first row I think. Which is right over there." Jemila directed.

"I'll see you after the game then!" I smiled.

"Nah, I'll come and get you at half time! Also, tell Gio I said hi." She winked before walking away.

"Uhh. What?" I thought to myself. 

I just shook my head and made it to the row I was to be seated. This row seemed to be reserved for special guests, family, and some of the WAGs. My parents couldn't come because of work, but they were flying out to see the next game with me right before I leave. I found my seat and got comfortable, scrolling through my phone and texting so it didn't look like I was lonely.

I looked out on the field and grinned as I saw Shayan warming up. I sent him a grin across the field to which he replied with a secret hand gesture we made when we were younger.

"Oh my god Mum!" I heard an excited little voice exclaim.

I turned to the side to see a young girl and her mum who appeared to be holding her back from running to me. It took me a moment, but I soon began to recognise her. It was Delilah!

"Hi Delilah!" I greeted, opening my arms to give her a hug.

"You remember my name?" She questioned with astonishment.

"Of course!" I smiled.

Delilah just beamed and ran into my arms for a hug.

"Well it's so nice to finally meet you!" I spoke.

"I'm literally about to die out of joy." She mumbled. 

"I'm so sorry that she bothered you! As you can tell she's a huge fan." A woman whom I presume to be Delilah's mum apologised.

I shook my head, "Oh no it's not a big deal! I was pretty ecstatic to meet Delilah as well!" 

"That's so sweet of you. I'm Danielle, Delilah's mother." She introduced.

"You're Gio's mother as well then! It's a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Reyna, I'm Shanaya. But feel free to call me Naya." I grinned.  

"Please call me Danielle!" She offered.

"Okay! Well it's so nice to meet you Danielle! You've raised such great kids." I complimented.

"That's so sweet of you to say. But a lot of the credit goes to my husband." Danielle thanked.