Chapter 9

Have you ever just laid in bed wondering how the rest of your life is going to go? What it's going to be like? How things are going to turn out in the end? Is it going to be a happy ending? I only Pray God gives me a happy ending. It's currently 3 am and I'm laying here awake just thinking about the different things going on.

What if life doesn't turn out the way I hope it turns out? It's nights like this I just wish my mind had an "off switch" and I could sink back into a deep sleep, or get up and go talk to my mom. She was always up this early when she was alive, she was always writing. I wasn't sure what she was writing, she would always put it away when I went to rock with her in the chair.. She would always tell me to conquer whatever life threw at me, that's exactly what I plan on doing, to make her proud.

I glanced at the clock again and it was 5 am. I had been crying for a little over an hour now. About mom mainly. She's still my #1 hero. I wiped my eyes and got up to get Tylenol for my headache and take a shower.

I walked downstairs, careful not to wake anyone. I rounded the corner and went into the kitchen turning the overhead light on and getting a glass of water and Tylenol.  I put the Tylenol in my mouth and quickly gulped the water and pill down. I hate headaches so much.. I set the glass in the sink and turned around and Grayson was standing at the door way. Does this guy ever frickin sleep?

"Morning..what are you doing up so early?"

"Headache" I replied and tried to walk by him, but he caught my arm and  stepped back.

"Have you been crying?"

"Um. Yeah. I just really miss mom" he wrapped his arms around me.

"I know you do, just know she's watching over you" he unwrapped his arms and wiped tears off my face..

"Try to get some sleep, okay?" He looked at me.

"I'm gonna shower and then I'll get some sleep"

"Okay" he hugged me again and I started up the stairs and bumped into dad

"Leah, sweetie, come on I have to give you something"

So im assuming he saw and heard what just happened. Great. I followed him upstairs and into his room. He walked over to moms old desk and pulled open a drawer and pulled something out and quickly shut it.

He turned around and his eyes were red and he had tears in them. He handed me an envelope on the front it had "Leah"
Written on it.

"I was going to give you this another time, but it seems fitting right now for you. It's from your mother" he hugged me and I hugged him back and he started crying. The tough guy whom I look up to and I've never seen cry. Is crying and I don't know what to say to him. I Don't Know Any Magic Words To Make him Feel Better.. So we Just Stood There crying Together for ten Minutes.

He let me go and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"I love you Leah, you're my baby girl and I'd never let anything happen to you" he wiped his eyes and a few more tears fell out.

"I love you too dad" he hugged me again and I told him I was going to read the letter in my room

I shut the door behind me and I sat on my bed just staring at the envelope. After 5 minutes of staring at it, I finally opened it and saw my mom's beautiful hand writing

"DEAR LEAH, I just want to start out saying that I love you baby girl, and im sorry that im not there to comfort you, whatever you may be going through. As I sit here and look at you playing in your sand box in the back yard. I know your going to go through trials in life, but just remember to conquer what life throws at you baby girl. I hope you always remember to look to God and the brighter picture he has for you.