Chapter 7

One day till dad gets home. One day I get to spend with Grayson and be able to kiss him, and hold his hand, whenever I want, but after that? No. Not unless dad's not around.

I'm still not sure how were going to tell him. I mean, I hope he understands. There wasn't  a great big age difference in him and mom. There was a year, but they went through hell to be together, and I feel the same way about Grayson. I would go through hell to be with him. I just hope he feels the same way.

"Leah, we need to clean the house, sweep and mop the floors. Your dad's going to walk in and have a heart attack"

"I know, I'll sweep and mop If you do laundry and dishes?" I smiled a hopeful smile at him

"Okay. Deal" he gave me a quick kiss and headed downstairs to do the laundry

I plugged in my Bluetooth speaker in the living room,  connected my phone, and blasted music.

I pretended the broom was my microphone. It was perfect height. The end of the stick stopped right at my mouth and viola creating the perfect micro-broom-phone.

"She said to me, forget what you thought, cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught!"

I will admit. That 5 seconds of summer song, did appeal to me. I kinda liked it. My music genre ranged from many different styles and Playlist. Country (Mostly Florida Georgia line) um. The usual "pop"....  Really it was just whatever I  heard on the radio, I usually end up liking. And I did the whole, download it to my phone and listen to it till I get annoyed and move on to another song.

I was sweeping and dancing away and my music suddenly stops. I turn around and there Grayson is with the chord in his hand swinging it around.

"What are you doing?"  I looked at him.in disbelief

"As cute as your dancing and singing is, we need to clean this house and you're just swinging the dirt back to the walls" he was grinning

"Okay, fine no music, you're no fun" I stuck my bottom lip out and pouted 

"I didn't say no music" he stuck his lip out in a mocking way and plugged it back in 

Florida Georgia Line blasted through the speaker and we continued cleaning.

-----------------------------

After 2 long hours we were done and sitting on the couch. Tired, and it was only 2 in the afternoon. Dad will be home in 16 hours. I'm excited but at the same time.. this time with Grayson has been great. But I'm also scared, what if dad even suspects anything, he's going to kick Grayson out.. it was just all around anxiety, I'm so worried about things.

"What's on your mind?" He threw his arm over my shoulders and pulled me close to him

"Dad-" before I could even speak anymore he interrupted me

"Baby, it's going to be fine. We're just going to have to act like we did before"

"But HOW did we act before. I don't even know" he took his free hand in mine and ran his thumb over my knuckles

"It's going to be okay you're over reacting" he spoke softly.

I sighed "I know, I know" I laid my head down on him

"So when I bring him home in the morning You'll be in your room asleep and act normal when you get up okay?" He kissed the top of my head 

"Okay"

"But for now, we're going to go get dinner and go look at house decorations. It's not long till I move in to my house, so go get ready and you don't have to dress fancy, unless you wanna go somewhere fancy"