Chapter 17

Addison and I were sitting in fold out chairs in Graysons living room talking about random stuff. One minute we're talking about painting and then the next were talking about Boston, and Florida. She was getting a Job transfer down here to work with dad and she was also moving in. She's keeping her house in Boston but shes renting it out to her brother and his fiancee.

I'm happy, but at the same time I can't help but think badly about having another woman in the house. It'd be different but i'm okay with it.

"Okay, so were gonna be there a few days, Were flying up there and then driving back down. Flying the car down would be way too expensive so were just gonna drive it" Addison was explaining how long they would be gone and what not.

"So Basically, a week?" I asked looking at her.

"Yeah, were gonna spend some time with my parents and brother before I make the big move" She smiled at me.

"Alright, that's cool" I smiled back at her.

"I'm gonna go see how the painting is going, wanna join?" I asked her. I grabbed my crutches and stood up, I had mastered getting around by myself with them the past week.

"Oh yeah, can't wait to see what kind of mess they've made." She laughed and got up. We walked through the hall and into Graysons room. It was a big open room with a bathroom off to the left of it. The windows were huge, but they didn't really have a pretty view. All you could see was the fence that separated him from his neighbors. They were a sweet old couple that had retired and moved down here not too long ago.

"Ta-da!" They shouted as we walked in we both jumped and I dropped both of my crutches and fell on my butt. They both busted out laughing and Addison soon joined in. I gave them all a glare and shook my head. Addison had calmed down enough to help me up. She handed me my crutches and looked at dad and Grayson

"That was not nice, I give Leah full permission to hit you both with her crutches" She was smiling.

"Oh like you didn't laugh?" I looked at her.

"I didn't say it wasn't funny. Just not Nice!" She looked all innocent.

"Mhm" I hummed. I looked at the walls and three of the walls were a pretty gray and one was black.

"You guys actually managed to paint without getting it everywhere, but whats up with the one black wall?" I pointed one of my crutches at it.

"That is chalkboard paint, so when I get bored I can draw" Grayson piped up.

"Damn, I wish I would've thought of that" I muttered. "That's cool"

"That's why I have it" He smiled at me. I stuck my tongue out at him.

"So it looks good? Not crappy?" dad walked over to Addison and put his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"It looks great sweetie" Addison turned her head and smiled at him.

"Good, We're gonna let this dry overnight and then we're gonna move his bed and stuff in tomorrow."

"Oh, shit" Grayson muttered and looked at his watch. "The furniture guys are gonna be here in about 5 minutes" He rushed out of the room and down the hall. We all followed him and he was folding the chairs and the two tables up. They put the chairs and tables out on the porch and walked back in.

We heard a truck horn beep and Grayson walked outside, We followed and I sat down on the swing. I was not going to get in the way and make them break furniture. Grayson signed papers and they started unloading stuff right away.