18|moving on

NAOMI COLE—AUGUST

TWO WEEKS HAD PASSED since the fiasco in Dante's office and although things were still awkward between us, I was glad to see that he was actively trying to make it up to me. It left me reassured that if we truly did start dating, he wasn't one to give up easily. His little stunt of showing up at the club afterwards definitely proved that. I just hoped that this attentive way he's been acting towards me won't fade away as soon as this awkwardness dissipates and he goes back to the Dante that leaves abruptly after giving me an orgasm. That was something I wouldn't let continue.

It was now Friday evening and Dante and I were the only two left in the whole office, everyone else having left while we claimed to have extra work. In actuality, I was leaving with Dante to go back to his place to get ready for his friend's yacht party that had been pushed back due to rainy weather. When I got to work this morning, I stealthily snuck into Dante's office with a tote bag full of everything I needed and left it there for the rest of the day.

Now, standing beside my desk, he dropped both the tote and a sealed envelope onto it. In response, I reached down in my purse and passed him an identical one. In silence, we both opened the one that belonged to the other.

"Negative!" We both finally shouted, a bright grin on my face as Dante simply smirked.

"You what that means, right?" He inquired, leaning down over me, placing his hand on either side of me so that I was now blocked from moving away.

"No. Tell me, Dante."

He leaned in even closer, so close his breath was fanning my lips although they were just barely touching. His gaze danced between my eyes and lips, only enhancing the suspense before he finally said, "It means I could bend you over this desk right now and fuck you if I wanted to."

My thigh clenched at his sultry words and while he ran one hand up my thigh and the other cradled my neck. It amazed me how Dante could cause a rift in my emotions after mere seconds. I could be annoyed and he could press a kiss to my lips that would turn me into a horny mess of a woman.

Now that the envelopes had confirmed that we were both free of any harmful diseases or infections that we could pass to one another, we were free to give ourselves to each other and I was more than ready for this little competition to end. I couldn't handle the sexual tension between us that had now built up to its maximum level. When I suggested that we both get tested before we took anything farther, I had almost expected him to become offended and defensive like so many of the other guys I had been with, but instead he had agreed that it was a wonderful idea. I couldn't have been more relieved.

"Do you want to bend me over this desk and fuck me?" I questioned in that breathy voice that I just knew turned him on. My suspicions were confirmed when he bit down on his lower lip and crept farther up my thigh.

"I could," he began, trailing his other hand to the front of my neck before he gripped it tightly, his eyes glazing with lust as I smiled lazily. I just loved when he did that. "But the second you stand up and I bend you over...that camera right in front of us will catch everything. We can't have that happening."

I pouted as Dante removed his hands from me and stood back to his full height, which left his bulge right in front of my face. That didn't make this situation any easier for me to move away from.

"Besides, don't you want to go to this party?"

"I guess," I groaned, pushing him away so I could stand up from my seat and grab my things.

As we walked out towards the elevator, we maintained a safe distance from each other so nothing suspicious was caught on camera, but as soon as those elevator doors closed, I was pinned up against the wall. I didn't know what had come over him, but recently he's been so interested in me—kissing me, touching me, saying sweet things to me. It seemed as though he were really starting to open up.