19|can of whipped cream

NAOMI COLE—AUGUST

LOOKING OVER MY SHOULDER to make sure no one was watching, I knocked softly on Dante's office door in my signature pattern so he knew it was me. A smile grew on my face as he came into view behind the large, mahogany door and squeal left my mouth as he grabbed my hand and pulled me inside, shutting the door swiftly, yet softly behind us.

A sigh left my mouth as he pushed me up against it, his lips crashing down onto mine as he placed his hands firmly on either side of me. He was essentially trapping me and I didn't mind one bit.

A week had passed since the yacht party and Dante was still being as affectionate as before—if not more. We had yet to go all the way, but just two days ago he had given me the best head of my life and I was still recovering from it.

"Dante," I whispered once he moved his kisses down my jawline and neck. "I didn't come in here to only kiss you."

"Then what are you here for?" He questioned in a husky tone, sliding his chilly hands up the back of my shirt and causing me to shiver.

As much as I wanted to continue, I also didn't want to return back to my desk disheveled and flustered. I pushed him off of me, ignoring the way his eyes still roamed my body because I knew that would only tempt me even more.

"Let's go over the details of tonight again," I suggested, taking a seat in front of his desk as he sat behind it. "I'm still coming over, right?"

"What made you get the impression that you're not?"

I rolled my eyes at him as he chuckled and replied with, "Nothing. You just weren't very clear about what we were doing."

"That's the point of surprises, Naomi," he retorted, his deep brown eyes starting right into mine, seemingly putting me in under a spell. I wanted to be pushed up against that door again.

"Can you at least tell me what to wear? What to pack?"

Dante and I had agreed to put an end to our stupid little competition, but also agreed not to force anything and just let it happen. But he surprised me by inviting me not only over to his house, but to sleepover because he wanted to take me somewhere the next day. If that wasn't a million green flags pointing towards the fact that it would happen tonight, I don't know what was.

"I'll let you know later. Don't you have work to finish, Ms. Cole," he replied with that devilish smirk of his on his face.

I let out a loud and dramatic sigh, slumping down in the seat as he simply shook his head at me. Nonetheless, I did actually have work to complete so I rose and walked towards the door.

"I'll see you later, sweetheart."

Without turning to look at him, I sent him the middle finger and stepped out of the office, holding back the grin threatening to break out on my face.

***
"HELLO," I SANG INTO the phone as I waited for my father to respond. We hadn't talked in a few days, but I was glad he decided to call. It just happened to be the worst possible timing because I was currently in the store looking for a couples game for Dante and I to play (even if it still felt like we were far from a couple) with two sets of lacy panties and bras in hand.

"There's my Omi," he replied, his joyous voice making a smile break out onto my face. My dad was a intimidating looking man—he was tall and skinny with a stern looking face—but once you got to know him he was the sweetest person possible. "How's everything been, my dear daughter."

"Wonderful. The internship is going great and I'm already prepared to go back to school," I told him excitedly as I found the game I was looking for and made my way to self-checkout.