Chapter 10

The door to the classroom opened and a mummy stepped in. It was Aizawa, wrapped up in bandages that you wouldn't recognise Him if it wasn't for the hair and the glare he had. "Morning."

"Aizawa-sensei, you're back already!!!?" The class shouted except for me who just asked normally.

"Sensei, you're alright!" Lida said while sticking his hand up in the air.

And uraraka mumbled. "Can you really call that 'all right'...?"

Aizawa ignored all the comments and made an announcement. "Don't concern yourselves over me. After all, the battle hasn't really ended for you yet."

The class was mumbling about more villains and I wondered what he was on about.

"UA's sports festival is approaching, boys and girls!" He announces making all the class sigh in relief.

"I keep forgetting this is an actual school!!" Someone shouted and they weren't wrong, I mean villains already attacked us and Aizawa wasn't exactly a normal teacher.

"Wait, hold up! That sounds like something the villains will try and infiltrate... isn't it? Will it be all right?"

"On the contrary: since we're going ahead with the festival, it means that the school is confident it has all its ducks in a row when it comes to its crisis control now." Aizawa started. "I heard the police presence will be five times bigger, for example. What you should be thinking about is what a huge chance the academy's sports festival presents for you all. This isn't some event that'll be brought to a halt by the likes of some villains."

Mineta being the scaredy cat he is, starts to complain. "No, if villains do appear, can we halt it please?"

Midoriya looked shocked. "Mineta... have you never seen the UA's sports festival!?

"Of course I have! That's not it at all--..."

Aizawa then went on to explain how popular the sports festival was and that it was like the Olympics and momo said it would help us get scouted by a pro hero, which I immediately thought of an auction for whatever reason.

After that announcement over class went on normally and then fourth period ended and Uraraka was extremely motivated even getting the rest of the class to cheer along with her.

I was walking with Yasu to the lunch room when Mina, Yaoyorozu and Jiro came up to us.

"Hey, do you guys want to eat lunch with us?!" Mina asked excitedly.

Yasu looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders and she turned around to the other girls. "Yeah sure we would love to."

"Good! Let's go!" Mina said as she dragged me and Yasu with her with Jiro and yaoyorozu following along.

While we were eating it was silent until Yaoyorozu decided to break it. "So why do you guys want to become heroes?"

Nobody said anything and only looked at each until Yasu decided to go first. "Nobody wants to tell, huh? Guess I'll go first and tell you why I want to be a hero." She leaned in and the others including me leaned in as well, I never actually knew why she wanted to be a hero, I just told her I was going to be a hero and she was really enthusiastic about becoming one as well so I just assumed she always wanted to be one.

She cleared her throat and began. "I was a late bloomer with my quirk and when I got it, it sent me to a dangerous place and then I was saved by my hero, they weren't a proper hero but they saved me, they had the same quirk as me so that's why they were there." I just realised that was me but that couldn't be it. "Because I was a late bloomer, people called me quirkless and I was bullied, they treated me like a normal person and they were my first proper friend." She coughed into her hand and rubbed her eye. "Sorry about that. We got stronger together and one day because of circumstances I was injured and people were hurting me, they came and saved me and told me everything was okay. I looked up to them as my hero and wanted to be like them."