Work first, love second

It was expected yet unexpected, Taehyun texting him back wasn't affecting Beomgyu at all.

"Beomgyu just fucking type correctly" Yeonjun said watching the male move his fingers in the air before typing one letter and move in the air and type and repeating until he has a full sentence.

"He's not mad at me anymore" he said making the older male scoff "He never was he just needed to think about what he wants and I'm pretty sure he'll tell you right now so don't freak out like you did when you saw his name pop up in your notifications just saying hi"

Beomgyu's eyes widened looking at the male standing up to go to the bathroom and then looked at his phone.

Dino💍
What if we meet up to talk more about you being my online friend and not telling me

B hyung💘
I'm still sorry about that

Dino💍
It's all good but I wanna talk in person to be actual friends

B hyung💘
Sure
You choose the place

Dino💍
To have fun we can go to the arcade at the mall and we can go to the food court to talk

B hyung💘
Sounds good
When?

Dino💍
I have a shoot later but tomorrow I'll be free after 2pm
And it closes at 10pm

B hyung💘
Ok I'm free at that time

Dino💍
Actually I'll be there around 3:40 ish

B hyung💘
I might get there around 3:30 or 4

Dino💍
K can't wait to hear you actually be nice

B hyung💘
I've always been nice but I don't let many people in my life bc I have trust issues

Dino💍
Same for me

B hyung💘
Well the I'll leave you to do what you gotta do

Dino💍
Bye hyung

Yeonjun coughed to get the boy's attention who's looking at the floor like he's out of it "I have a shoot for a magazine tomorrow but I don't know where and what time" Beomgyu said. The standing male tilted his head not understanding what he meant.

"Like my mother once told me; work first, love second" Beomgyu said feeling bitterness on his tongue with those words, then it clicked to Yeonjun.

A knock interrupted Yeonjun when he opened his mouth "Come in" Beomgyu said at standing up from his bed knowing it'll be his mother or his manager. Being right, a tall male opened the door with a table in hand "You're having a photoshoot in Daegu this weekend, we'll be leaving tomorrow" he said catching both boys by surprise

The male looked at Yeonjun and then at the tablet scrolling through the calendar for the boy's plans "You'll be going to Ulsan this weekend so you'll be coming with us" he said turning off the device. Yeonjun nodded looking at Beomgyu who's still looking at the floor "It'll take an hour to get there, be ready by ten in the morning" the older male added before he walked out.

"So uh work first, love second?" the black haired male said with a small smile, but then the younger male sighed going to his closet to get his luggage "I'll tell Taehyun that I have to go out of the city" he mumbled shutting the door to say he wants to be alone and cry.

Yeonjun shook his head "I don't think he'll remember"

Next day

Taehyun's nervous, like really nervous. What will he say to start the conversation? Will Beomgyu even come?

The boy kept shaking his foot waiting for almost ten minutes for the male "3:58" he read looking at his phone that's on the messages with Beomgyu waiting to see a text saying he's not too far away. The boy sighed clutching his thin jacket "It's okay, he's running late" he told himself feeling the wave of tears hitting him

Soobin left early to leave something Yeonjun needed for his trip to Ulsan and he hadn't told his friend what his plans were that day. But it's all good, he knows Beomgyu will come through the door he keeps looking at in between stares to the time and the bottom left to see if the three dots appear, nothing's happening.

One
Two
Three
Four hours passed

Taehyun sighed patting his face to keep his composure, the same anxiety he had when he told Beomgyu he likes him and if he'd laugh at him or be nice came back "Please come, please" he whispered tears forming in his eyes. No message, the door has opened to the male he wants to see.

But then the bell rang as the door swung open, the blond's head whipped his head towards the sound with hope, that soon fell seeing a different male.

The guy smiled seeing someone, a smaller boy ran to him hugging him like a koala "I was waiting for four hours you dumbass I thought you weren't coming anymore" the small male said as tears ran down his face making the taller coo with an apologetic smile "I'm sorry babe I had to do something, look" the male took out a small box. The crying boy opened the box revealing a bracelet "The day we met" he said with a growing smile.

Taehyun unlocked his phone and was met with still no message "I hope he does something like that guy" he mumbled pulling down his mask to wipe away some tears that fell. His phone rang making his heart jump but then he calmed down seeing Soobin's name "Where are you?" the blond looked around debating if he should say the truth or lie "I'm at the mall looking for something, you know clothes" he said the last words sound like a lie.

Soobin scoffed "You bought a decent amount last month don't tell me you ran out of ideas for outfits" he said with sarcasm "Well I did" Taehyun's tone was sassy but they both know it's a joke "Okay then don't come back too late, no later than nine" the older warned hanging up before the younger could say anything else.

The blond sighed going to the restroom to wash his face for the thirtieth time. Soon, is what he kept repeating in his mind

One more, Taehyun's walking around the huge arcade looking at the couples enjoying their time together, envy bubbling in him, wishing he could do the same with someone. Another hour, he's pacing in the small lobby room "9:20" he tapped his foot thinking about Soobin's words but then shrugged it off worried something could've happened to Beomgyu.

"Excuse me" someone said as they tapped his shoulder, the boy turned around to see a girl with the employee shirt "We're closing earlier than usual, it's five minutes before we do so be ready to leave" she said bowing before walking to someone going to the bathroom to say the same thing.

Taehyun's heart fell as tears began to stream down his face, his phone timing was bad but he still picked up "Taehy""Pick me up please" he said his voice shaking, walking to the door he was staring at for six hours "I'm at the, arcade in the mall" was his last words before he hung up knowing Soobin's worried hearing his voice shaky.

"You didn't come, why did I believe you actually wanted to be" the blond fell on his knees crying more not caring who's around, no one will recognize him since he's wearing a mask and a hood.

"You don't care"