Chapter Twelve| Hightail

"Hey, So I've this race tonight, you wanna join me?" I asked Kayden as I walked into my wadrobe, 'Hey sure.'

"Cool, so my car & see ya at 7:15 sharp."

'Ok, see ya,' he hangs up the call & I sigh. I had totally forgotten I had race today until Astri called & informed me that Theo won't be able to attend since he has hangover. And I never go on these races alone, it's bloody risky, despite knowing how to protect yourself. With Criss with bad hangover & Astri busy babysitting her cousin, the only person whom would be free to come is Kayden so now he is coming with me to this race.

Today morning Criss woke up with a bad hangover but remembered everything what happened yesterday at the party, which she obviously told me. When I asked her what she would do she simply told me that first she need to get over this hangover then think about it. So I dropped her then let Astri's driver took her car from here since she has a cousin to babysit.

I spend the rest of the day till 5:30 studying, doing homework & playing Barbie with Chel. When it was finally 5:30 I rushed into the garage & changed my car's number plate into a fake one. And toss into the car trunk Because I'm having a bad feeling about today's race. After doin that I went to my room & started getting ready. Doin my makeup first then tying my hair in a ponytail so it's no distraction while driving. I change into my outfit & grab my fossil watch which shows, 7:24.

Perfect. Ready on time.

I grab my car keys, phone, home keys & my wallet. I head down & walk into my garage. After removing my car out of the garage I wait for Kayden in front of his house. I connect my phone & play On the Ground by Rosé of Blackpink.

I was just about to press the honk when the door unbolted & my crush walked out. I stared at him lost at the handsome sight of his. I snap out when he slipped into the co-driver & greeted me.

I greeted back & said, "play the song of the starting Please. It's my current favourite right now! I'm sure you would like it as well."

He obliged & we spent the whole time quietly listening to the song when it ended he said, "nice, I like it, on the ground. Nice." I smiled at him & spent the rest of journey telling him about Blackpink & how much I love their songs, he promised to listen every song by them making me smile like a fool.

"You got your car serviced?" He asks.

I tsk still looking at the road, "it's only been one week & I didn't pull a stunt last time which would've made the tires scrapped. And the warning signs also didn't show up. So it's all goodie!" He nods as I put my car into park near a tree- my usual parking spot.

I made him stay by the car & look after both of them, himself & my car. I walked over the centre to enter myself only to find Axel registering himself, I huff in annoyance and wait.

I would have to.

Then Joshua approached me out of nowhere he greeted me & his eyes roamed all over my body, "eyes up here mister." I said folding my arms over my chest, his eyes snapped back to mine, "sorry. You alone today? No friend?"

I opened my mouth to reply that Kayden is with me but I shaked my head, denying the fact that I bought Kayden with me, he nodded, "well, Anyways. I need to register so... bye." I say & turn away.

Axel turned away & put on a smirk seeing me, it's coming. "If it isn't the famous Kayden McCoy's friend!"

Ok that's not what I thought would come.

I scoff but don't reply & started registering myself, "I can't believe I actually saw him last time & didn't recognise him. I am his big fan you know." He tells Joshua, I ignore him & walk away after registering but he grabs my arm I immediately turn & swing my right leg; my grunge boots colliding with his cheek. Seeing this the people around us gasp whereas I've a satisfactory smile.