Chapter Twenty Eight| Fox

I step out of the car & hold out my hand for Chel to take as we walk towards the venue while the Media click pictures of us. Mom has her hand wrapped around dad's bicep while smiling at the paparazzi. Unknowingly a smile takes a place on my face while I keep a firm hand on Chel.

The McCoys has decided to throw a grand party for Declan's 10th birthday while inviting his friends from School. They even invited some of the close families including us. And Kayden got to invite some of his friends which included me, Carter, Criss, Astrid & Theo, he even invited his friends from Los Angeles since all of them are good friends of Kayden's.

We all handed our coats to some staff then walked towards his family & handed Declan another gifted. I searched for my friends. Yesterday night, technically tonight, anyways, Kayden scared Declan by carrying him over his shoulder. We thought it was part of some plan that Kayden had planned, but that was it. He just wanted to scare the birthday boy.

"Hi guys!" I say as I spot Criss & Carter standing beside Kayden, "you look stunning Criss."

"Thank you. You look fabulous too, I love the colour."

"Why do you guys do it?" Carter frowns making both of us look at him, "I mean why do you specifically compliment. Like you said, you liked the colour. Wasn't the word fabulous good enough."

I laugh, "that's just how females compliment each other."

"Yeah. And if you guys compliment each other you won't use words like fabulous or stunning."

"That's not true. We can compliment like you females do too."

"Oh really?" Criss crosses her arms over her chest, "then compliment Kayden by using words like handsome or say that the colour suits him."

"Hey!" Kayden protested, "why are you guys bringing me in this. It's all Carter, not me."

"Huh? So you mean you can compliment some other male just like we females do?" I ask smirking. Kayden opens his mouth to reply when Astrid & Theo join us.

"Hey girls. You girls look amazing. I love your outfits a lot."

"Thanks you look beautiful too." Criss & I say at the same time, we both look at each other & laugh then turn towards the boys, "see, can you guys do that?"

"Do what?" Astri & Theo ask. Criss launches as she explains what we're talking about.

"Oh I totally agree with you guys!" Astrid agreed whereas Theo disagreed, "what? No babe that's so not true!"

"Then prove it!" Astrid replied, "compliment each other like we do."

"Fine, i'll go first," Carter volunteered, "Hey Kayden you look h- you look- y-you look... Ugh, you girls are right, I can't!" He whined. We, girls smirked.

"What no man! You can't give up. It should be easy!" Theo urged, "lemme show. Hi Kayden you look hand- good."

We burst into laughter while Kayden whines, "why are guys picking on me? You can also compliment each other. It really makes me think if I don't look handsome tonight." He mumbles the last part.

"Oh baby, you look really handsome tonight. Trust me." I say as I keep an hand on his shoulder since I can't show affection in public. But he really looked handsome & hot in his grey polo neck jumper & black ripped jeans. We both were dressed in completely different style. My dress screamed elegance where's his outfit screamed hotness.

"Yeah? Well trust me too when I say that you look ravishing." He smirked. Then Ash & others arrived. We both greeted them with hugs then introduced them with Criss, Carter, Astrid & Theo. And they immediately clicked. So now we all were a big group.