Chapter Twenty Three| Remember it for aye

Warning: sad chapter :(

Enjoy reading :)

"Hey dad?" I called, "where is Chel?" I sat on the couch while making myself comfortable & keeping one hand wrapped around my torso.

"She is asleep sweetheart." Now, is the perfect time to talk with my parents. I crack my knuckles & clear my throat.

"Ok I wanna talk with you guys," I said looking at both of them, "come sit." As both sat in front of me I first look at the floor then at them with confidence.

"Okay so this conversation is not between parents & their daughter." I paused as their eyebrows farrowed, "this conversation is from a person who has noticed something and would like to share it to the daughter's parents."

"Sky. Please get to the point." My mom said anxiously, "you're getting us worried."

"Okay coming directly to the point. I need you guys to make your daughter your first priority instead of the company."

"What? You girls are our first priority."

"Then why did you guys didn't answer the phone? You guys know we both don't call during office hours until & unless it's important. Do you guys realise what could've happened if I hadn't told Chelsea that she should call the cops immediately if you guys don't pick up. She would've kept calling you guys like a small child would do without thinking of calling anyone else. Do you guys realise what could've happened if Kayden wouldn't have called or consoled Chelsea?"

They both looked at me with shock, well that's right! I know they wouldn't have thought of this perspective.

"I know it was also my fault that had put Chel's life danger. I messed with those guys but just imagine what could've happened to me if something would've happened to Chel. God! I hate saying this but you would've lost both of your daughters. Chel has been more close to me than her own mother, I don't want that- I do want, actually never mind that's not for discussion- I don't want to be the first one to know when something exciting or depressing happens in her life, but here I'm witnessing it instead of you guys."

"Did you guys know that Chel has her first crush?" As soon as they asked their heads snapped towards me with surprise, "Well that's right. Mom, don't you want Chel to approach you first when she starts through her puberty? When she has boy issues?" She nodded while trying to hold back her tears. "Oh you sure? Cause you don't even remember stuff like You had forgotten about Chel's night out."

"Dad, don't you want to be the first person to meet her whoever, future boyfriend? Don't you want to teach her self defence? Don't you want to take her to the office with you? Late night sneaking in & out for a drive?" He nodded while looking down at the ground.

"Then guys wake up! Start cutting some slack!" I snapped, "Spend time with her like you did with me. I want the perfect childhood for Chel like I had. Start doing it before it's too late." I completely my part of discussion while being soft in the end. Mom looked like she was trying to hold back tears, I've never seen mom cry, never. And dad looked down at the floor while fidgeting with his fingers.

I sighed, "I'll leave you guys for some time. I'll be in my room if you need anything."

I slowly walk towards Chel room & stare at the peaceful sleeping figure. Then I clench my stomach & walk towards my room, into my wardrobe. I change into pjs & loose shirt making sure not to hurt my side too much. I stand in front of the mirror & lift my T-shirt. Then peel the bandage slowly wincing. There were stitches on my torso & they would be form a scar after recovering. But it is worth receiving the scars reminding me I was vulnerable. It will remind that I could've lost my sister today.