Chapter Twenty Four| Two Sides

Xyion McAdams.

Xyion McAdams is the name. The one trying to harm my loved ones. I went through every information I could find about him & it would be understatement if I said that he doesn't look intimidating, he looked intimidating as fuck. His business related information was all over google. But when it to his gang, none, zero information. I was chewing my lower lip thinking how he wanted to kidnap Chel because she is my sister & I messed with some of his men without realising.

Something was definitely wrong here.

Right now I was in dad's office as his assistant brought me all the information about him. The information contained every single information about his gang. But we didn't get confirmation about him trying to kidnap Chel. I was clenching my hair as my phone rang. I frown at the unknown number but picked up anyways, "Skylar Scott speaking."

'You sound so much like her.' I frowned again & listened to my instinct when it told me to turn on the phone recording. When I had it turned on I replied as calmly as I could.

"Who am I speaking to?"

'My dear, I'm Xyion McAdams. The one and only who tried to kidnap your precious sister.' My eyes widened & my heart started racing at million speed.

'Left you speechless haven't I?' He chuckled, 'I really underestimated you. You did a good job of protecting your sister & getting my men behind the bars.' I smirked & crossed my legs over each other. Time to show my confidence.

"What can I say? I'm a stupendous person."

'But don't worry dear, I'm gonna crush your dad's company & get that superstar friend of yours into grave trouble.'

And There goes my confidence. I straightened my posture as my eyebrows arched towards each other with confusion & worry.

"Why? Why are you doing this?" He chuckled, "you wanna destroy everything just because I messed with some of your men?"

'oh, it seems like Stephen hasn't told you everything.'

"What?"

'Revenge, it's revenge, my dear. For taking my everything.'

Revenge? For what? Before I could for what he said, 'tell that old friend of mine and his love that I said hello.' he hung up while I frowned & saved the recording. Something is definitely wrong. Then my dad enters with a smile but starts frowning when he sees me confused face.

"What? Whats the matter?" He asks anxiously, I sigh & play the recording when it comes to an end his face pales.

"What dad? There is something more to the story & you're hiding that. Tell me."

He sucks in a deep breath & says, "Xyion is my old college friend, we were really good friends, we did everything together including the racing. I knew his dad was a gang leader but he always said he didn't like it & wouldn't get involved. Then one day, we met your mom, we both fell for her. When I was gonna tell him that I was in love with your mom but he beat me. I was devastated to know but since he was my friend I remained numb & distanced myself from your mom.

"Adeline noticed the distance I created among us & Xyion's constant approach to her. But she fell for me instead." He smiled at the memory, "then she confessed & I admitted why I distanced myself from her. So we both decided to keep our relationship a secret & that was our biggest mistake. Everything was perfect until he got to know about us & felt betrayed.

"He thought Adeline liked him too but she only liked him as a friend so our friendship broke. Xyion started getting involved in his dad's buisness which led him to do drugs & everything. We both tried to face him but he kept running away so we decided that nothing can be done with him now. After few years of dating we both got married & then you guys came."