2

It took me awhile to accept the fact that I was actually in a different world of some kind and not just having the craziest lucid dream of all time. When I finally got the strength to get up from the ground, I started walking and went into the town. Wherever I was looked futuristic and ancient at the same time. All the shops, buildings, and houses were made of a mixture of metal and wood. Some of the places designs just looked like somebody twisted a bunch of pieces of metal and made it look somewhat pretty. And by pretty, I really just mean thrown together. The way they looked was like a mess, but they were beautiful messes. To put it simply, they looked good, but a person with OCD would probably not be able to function in this environment. I kept looking around as I slowly walked through the town so I could fully digest my surroundings.

I noticed that everybody walking around had a futuristic looking cellphone. The only difference was that the majority of the phone was just a holographic screen. The only physical features of the phone were the top and bottom of it which seemed like they were there so you could close the screen when you were done using it. There were also hand holds on the side that looked like a case so you could hold it. So essentially, the phone was a holographic touchscreen display with hand holds on the side, and hand holds on the top and bottom that you could push down to close the screen returning this futuristic cellphone to it's small pocket-sized rectangular shaped box state. The peoples fashion sense was another thing that caught my eye.

They wore a lot of light clothing, and seemed to really like the colors brown and black. The light clothing made sense considering how much the sun was torching my skin. My black hoodie jacket and blue ripped jeans weren't making matters better either. At least I had a white t-shirt on underneath. I had the jacket opened, but that did barely anything against the heat. I continued my walk enjoying all the new fascinating sights I was getting to witness.

That's when I saw a poster on a wall with a message in bold letters; DOWN WITH DARK PHOENIX. Along with the message, there was a drawing of a young man with a scar on his right eye in the middle of the poster. At first glance, I thought nothing of the poster other than "what the hell is 'Dark Phoenix.'" But then, I looked back and realized something horrifying. Not only was the person in the middle of the poster most likely the leader of this group that they clearly did not like, but I noticed that this person and I looked similar. Our faces and our hairstyles were basically the exact same. The only difference between us was his scar. Before I could even think about what kind of problems could be in store for me due to this similarity between us, a random civilian yelled with his finger pointed towards me, "it's Zero Light, the leader of Dark Phoenix!"

"No no! I'm not! This is a misu-"

I couldn't even finish my sentence as almost everybody in the town charged after me. With all the energy I could muster, I sprinted as fast as I could to escape from them. I tried going into alleyways, cutting corners rapidly, and tried hiding in inconspicuous spots. Nothing worked. They kept finding me over and over again. Eventually, I got cornered as I tried running through an alleyway. They had both sides of the alleyway blocked off. I had nowhere to hide. I brought my fists up preparing for the brawl of a lifetime, but was instantly knocked out by one of the civilians.

...

After a little while, I regained consciousness. I was tied up, and my head was in a brown sack that was slightly tattered. Because of this, I could see what was going on a little bit through the holes in the sack. I noticed I was in some kind of old-timey bar.

"What do you want us to do with him, Boss?" some guy said. I couldn't really see perfectly, but even with my vision impaired, I could tell their boss was just staring at me. They hadn't answered, but I had a feeling they were going to do a lot with me if they thought I was who they thought.