12

"We look soooo good," Hailee said, as she took a second to look at all of our outfits. "There's like, a gazillion pockets in these pants."

"Well yeah, Hailee. They're cargo pants," I replied. "That's kind of how they work."

"Can you just let me be impressed in peace, Ezra?"

"No, I cannot," I said, smiling.

"Hailee's right, though," Alex said. "We look pretty good." After our mini fashion show was over, we finally left the store. Phoebe and Bowie perused our outfits a little, and the two of them nodded, confirming our beliefs that our clothes looked good on us.

"You guys did a good job selecting your clothes," she told us.

"They owe me now though, since I paid for everything," I said.

"Yeah, with my money," Phoebe responded. "Which means they actually owe me."

"I know I know."

"Can't I just pay you guys back in hugs or something?" Hailee asked, jokingly. "I've been told I give pretty good hugs." The old me would've accepted that offer in the blink of an eye. But, those feelings were long gone now, sinking down an imaginary ocean in an imaginary box.

Our tour of this beautiful land continued, and more magnificent sights were being poured into me. While we were slowly walking to take everything in, something came into my sight in the corner of my eye. It was hard to tell at first, but I turned my head, and saw that it was a flyer. A poster for a party at the "Bedrock Nightclub." It stated on the paper that there was no entrance fee, and they recommended bringing a date. I asked Phoebe if they allowed people under twenty-one into the club, and her answer surprised me. She said you needed to be sixteen or older to enter the club. Once again, this dimension threw me for a loop. Apparently, you could also legally drink alcohol if you were sixteen.

"Should we go, guys?" I asked.

"I'm down," Bowie said. "Sounds like a good time."

"Oh! You could be my date, Hailee!" Alex exclaimed.

"Yes! That sounds so fun!" The two jumped into each others arms, wrapping themselves in a tight embrace, and then turned the hug into a passionate kissing session.

"I hate couples," I said, staring at the two of them appallingly swallow each others faces.

"Aw, don't be such a sour puss," Phoebe teased. "Who knows? Maybe you'll find a date in time for the party."

"Depends. Are you going?" I said. I wasn't completely sure of it, but I felt like Bowie was giving me the coldest glare after I said that.

"Haha, funny," she replied. "I'm not though. I'll be at the bar during that time."

"Then, I won't be asking anybody out."

"Who said you have to do the asking? Maybe they'll ask you out."

"Yeah, like that would ever happen," I scoffed. With that, our short conversation regarding the party ended, and the tour went on.

Eventually, the tour ended, the sun was starting to set a little, turning the sky into a light blueish pink, and Phoebe headed to the bar like she said she would. That left me alone with the annoying couple, Hailex, since Bowie went to the bar as well. After being the fourth wheel following them around for a couple more hours as we "hung out," it was finally time for the party.

...

We got to the entrance of the club, and were shocked. It was way bigger than any of us imagined. We could already hear the multiple people conversing, and the loud, rumbling music. After we collectively took a deep breath, we stepped into the unknown world that was the Bedrock Nightclub ready to party the night away.