5

Now that I was officially an Outer, that meant I was going to be alongside them when they went on missions. Phoebe hadn't fully explained what kind of missions they embarked on yet, but she told me she would explain in more detail tomorrow, and that I should just worry about getting some rest. I was excited to hear more about what they did as a rebel group, but couldn't resist the fatigue I felt. For that reason, I said good night to everybody, and tried to find a place to sleep.

Using the money I received from Phoebe, I went to one of the inns in the town and bought a room for one night. The room was pretty dingy, but I had to make do with what I had. Along with the room was also a bathroom and bath tub that I could use. Somehow, the bath tub and bathroom was actually cleaner than the bedroom itself. After a long day of sweating in the heat, I definitely needed to bathe. I hopped out of the shower, changed back into my clothes, and instantly flopped onto the rickety bed. I heavily sighed letting all the tension I was feeling come out. It had truly been a long strenuous day. I started to think about Mom, and home in general. I was getting extremely homesick, but I had no clue how to get back. I knew the Cursed Stone that had brought me here must have been able to allow me to go home somehow, but I had no clue how to make it work again. I started to tear up a little thinking about how much I wanted to go home when I suddenly heard a voice.

Ezraaa, the voice said with an eerie tone. Unaware of where the voice was coming from, I pulled out my brand new sword to defend myself.

"Who's there," I said.

It's me, End.

Are they in my head, I thought.

Precisely, End said. I'm speaking to you from your mind. I told you that your soul bonded with me. We're connected both in body and spirit now. I can hear all your thoughts, feel all your feelings, see what you see. There's nothing I can hide from you, and there's nothing you can hide from me.

I don't want you in my head! I thought. Get out!

Wow, End replied. And to think I thought we could have some great conversations in your head.

I wouldn't have a conversation with a creepy psychopath who's using me to get the power they need to destroy the world.

Is that so? Well, I guess I don't need to tell you about how you can use the sword to open dimensional rifts by saying a command anymore then. I without a doubt did not want to talk to them in any sort of way, but I knew I could use all the information I could get when it came to traveling through dimensions. I was willing to do anything if it meant there was a chance I could return home and see my family again.

Go on, I thought.

I see I've piqued your interest, End said seeming to enjoy the fact they had me wrapped around their finger. Well you see, as I said before, I possess many different abilities. Teleportation, flight, telekinesis, you name it. However, only all of them are at our disposal when we get all ten of the stones. You only got one, so only one of those abilities are unlocked to us. And lucky for you, that ability is traveling through dimensions by opening rifts.

And how do I do that exactly, I thought.

Like I said before, by saying a command.

Really?

Yes, really, End replied.

I bet it's something stupid, I thought.

Like what?

"Rift open!" I yelled jokingly while swinging the sword in a weird way. "Yeah like that would wo-"

I got interrupted by the unthinkable. An actual rift appeared in the room in front of my bed. It was like I had cut open through space time itself. Inside the rift were millions of colors combining and retracting light everywhere. I couldn't believe that the command I jokingly said actually worked.