3

"That sounds like quite the predicament," Phoebe said, as she chugged down a big mug filled to the brim with foaming beer. I told her how I needed to do something about Zero Light as soon as possible to protect my dimension from being taken over.

"After hearing what you guys told me, I wanted to help out already. But now that I'm hearing there's a possibility that he's going to come to my dimension after if he succeeds in taking over Fellos, I definitely have to help fight him."

"I understand, but have you ever been in a fight before?" she asked me, while swaying drunkenly in her chair.

"Do fights at school count?" She answered my question by letting out a huge burp, and then told me to get up.

"Follow me. We're going outside to the courtyard for some training."

"Training?"

"Yes," she said. "I can tell if I don't teach you at least the basics of fighting, you aren't going to last a second against Zero's troops if the time arises." We headed outside, and I followed her cool yet sexy walk to the courtyard. The sun was getting close to setting now, and there was a nice cool breeze in the air. She walked away from me a little to make some distance between us, and then got into her fighting stance.

"You ready?" she asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"Nope, you're not." She let out a big sigh, and came over my way. She started helping me fix my fighting position. "You can't stand all goofy like that. You're leaving too many openings. You want to have your legs apart like this, arms like this, and then slightly turn your body to your right."

"So like...this?" I asked as I made some slight adjustments.

"Perfect!" she exclaimed. "Now, you're ready to...fight!" Without even a little bit of warning, she came charging right at me. Our training had officially started.

It was sad since I knew she was taking it easy on me as well, and was drunk. Nonetheless, I still got creamed by her. I knew I would from the start. When it came to fighting in video games, nobody at all could even come close. Fighting in real life, however, I was the equivalent to a level one slime in an MMO. Or one of those Team Rocket Grunts you battled in Pokémon that were super easy to beat. Each time she beat me though, she slid in some fighting tips. She would tell me what I was doing right, and what I was doing wrong, which was way more than what I was doing right. I figured the best thing for me to do was to just utilize all the tips she gave me, and fight with all my heart.

"Ready?"

"Yup," I answered feeling more pumped than before. I was sweating profusely, but lucky for me, the cool night air was keeping me dry. Unlike the previous times we fought, this time it took a little longer to actually start. I was keeping one of her tips in mind which was to read my opponents movements well, and try to find an opening to strike. For that reason, I kept my distance and waited for the best chance to attack. I think she noticed that, and started doing the same. The two of us kept inching to the side in a circle slowly keeping our same fighting stance as we waited for the best time to strike. Just when I thought I was in a good spot to go for it, the wind blew and some sand got in my face. When I went to wipe it off, she sprinted towards me. I put my arms up instantly and did my best to block her attacks. To my surprise, I managed to block every single strike.

"Ooh you're learning," she grinned. Before I could even smile and relish the fact I was making some progress, she swiftly hooked her right leg behind my left leg, and used her weight to push me down to the ground. The moment I fell, she got on top of me and used her hands to my hold arms down.

"But you're still not there yet." For a moment, I forgot that we were sparring. I realized that this beautiful attractive woman was only a few inches away from my face now, and was basically on top of my private area. Her face was so close to mine that I could smell the booze without even trying. My heart started pounding quickly. I hated myself for it. What about Hailee, I thought. Although, I knew deep down that it would just be better for me if I gave up on her. I didn't want to admit it, but the thought was there. Before I knew it, my body started moving on its own, powered only by the sudden impulses of the moment. I leaned in closer to her face with my eyes closed hoping that she would lean in to my face as well. I noticed that nothing happened for awhile, and was confused. I opened my eyes and saw that she was no longer on top of me.