22

A messy brawl started between the two on the ground, and before it could get even worse, I rushed in, along with a few others, to end the fight.

"Stop it!" I cried, as I caught Hailee's fists that were heading towards Lucy's face. 

"Let me go!" Lucy hissed, while being restrained by Phoebe and Bowie.

"No!" Phoebe yelled in response. "You both need to calm down!" 

I, and the others who were trying to hold her back, failed at our jobs and somehow let Hailee get past us. Due to this failure, she was able to attempt one more heavy punch. Lucy dodged it, escaped her restraints as well, and attempted a heavy punch of her own. Except hers actually landed. A flurry of attacks started to come from both of them, and I knew I had to take matters into my own hands before things escalated even more.

I learned after a while that all of my powers, except being immortal, could only be used if I was physically touching the Cursed Sword. Even the only power I didn't need a stone for, which was my high cursed ki level, was only present when I physically had the Cursed Sword in my possession. 

I had left the sword in my hut. So, I extended my arm out, let it fly into my hand, and blasted both Hailee and Lucy away from each other. 

"I'm not watching you guys hurt each other anymore!" I said, defiantly. "We're all supposed to be cool with each other. Not fighting with each other."

I started to divert my eyes towards Lucy more, and felt anger start to well up inside of me. I was already more on Hailee's side considering I had known her longer, and that combined with the fact that Lucy said something so horrible to her, infuriated me.

"Lucy, you owe Hailee an apology."

"For what-"

"What you said was wrong. Very, very wrong. Doesn't matter if you were right or not. You shouldn't have said that. You know what Hailee's going through right now."

"...fine," she pouted, while staring at the ground. "I'm sorry, or whatever."

"You can't just mumble it," I ordered. "And you have to say it while actually looking at her-"

"Okay okay!" she interjected. She walked up in front of Hailee, and looked her dead in the face with an expression that said, "I regret everything."

"I'm...really sorry, Hailee..."

"...well...I don't forgive you," Hailee replied. 

"Hailee, wait," I said, as she shoved past Lucy, and walked away quickly. I gave Lucy one more stern glare, and then went after Hailee.

...

"Hailee, please stop running!" I cried. 

"Why don't you just use your powers to catch up to me, and force me to stop?" Hailee said. "I mean, I'm just some weakling, right? Shouldn't be hard for you to do."

"What good would it do if I forced you into talking to me? I completely understand why you're upset, but please, let's just talk this out."

"What's there to talk about?!" Hailee screamed as she finally stopped running, and swiftly swung her body back to my direction. Her face was completely covered with tears.

"Someone who's supposed to be working with us, not against us, just called me weak, and said that Alex dying doesn't make me strong as if me wanting to fight for his sake doesn't give me strength."

"What Lucy said was messed up, and I'm mad at her too. Trust me. But you also have to realize that she, Phoebe, and probably every other person here has most likely experienced some type of loss. I think she said what she said because she felt like you thought you were the only one who's experienced something tragic. What she was probably trying to say is that you're not the only one who has something to fight for."